Is love enough..

to make it last?

Do you change for love or do you just stay the same because that is who they fell in love with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• It all depends on the situation, and how drastic the change is. If it's something minor like a bad habit or your schedule, then I would try to work on it. But if it is your whole personality or beliefs, then I would think that over pretty hard. You cannot change who you are completely because you are in love. Eventually you will be too unhappy pretending that you won't even be in love anymore.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 10:56 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Couples evolve with love.....and yes it is more than enough!

Answer by older at 10:53 AM on May. 13, 2011

• We all change as people throughout time. We get wiser, I know I'm more patient, I'm more responsible, etc. But with all these kids things did have to change, but not in a bad way. I admire seeing my party boy husband grow up and enjoy being a proud daddy. I didn't force hime. He wanted to . In fact I think I love him more.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:54 AM on May. 13, 2011

• if you would be a better person if you change certain things, then change them
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:53 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My philosophy is I do not change for anybody. Now, that's not saying, I wouldn't change for myself. But if he can't love me for being the same person, that's his problem, not mine. I have no qualms in walking away from anything that doesn't do good for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:53 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Well I don't think relationships are based on just LOVE!
    Its a bit of everything...i can't pay the bills with Love...just being real...
    johnsonbaby03

Answer by johnsonbaby03 at 10:56 AM on May. 13, 2011

• IMO, no. Love is not always enough.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:57 AM on May. 13, 2011

• It depends on what you mean by love. If you mean the feeling of infatuation, then it isn't enough, but if you both reciprocate the feelings of regard and caring, and if you have considered with your intellect as well as your heart, then it would be love, and that could be enough, as long as new factors weren't introduced. If one of you loses a job so that money becomes a problem, then stresses strain the relationship, Love and intellect can make it work.

Answer by Bmat at 10:58 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Everyone changes, people grow up, they get more of life's bumps and bruises. I personally do not think Love is enough, I have a lot of people that I love, but I don't get a long with them. I love my husband, him and I work because we are compatible, we have, for the most part the same views, we work together to overcome any problems no matter how big or small.... I loved my ex, I changed so that he could have the person he wanted, and it still wasn't enough, so no I wouldn't change for someone just so we could make it last. You have to love and be loved for the person you are, and that person is always learning and changing and hopefully growing up...Love usually changes too, it expands and it can disappear... Don't ever change who you are so someone will continue to love you because they never loved you in the first place if they want you to change or not change to keep their love.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:00 AM on May. 13, 2011