What a easy was to maintain a set daily plan for 4 kids and self to keep things in order

I made a set planner for day to day planning to get stuff done but I never follow it and I alway running behind time

mommylay

Asked by mommylay at 10:54 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow! That's a hard question! I think that having 4 kids is a challenge right there because I have just one. But to be general, I do stuff at night to make mornings smooth, lay out clothes, have backpacks ready (or diaper bags), know what I am doing for breakfast. I used to put DS in some of his "school clothes" the night before because dressing him in am was such a nightmare! Just shirt, then at least that was done. Know what you are having for dinner, plan your menus a week ahead, then it won't be a mystery at 4 pm. Have a set place for everything, and keep everything it its place. Then you aren't wondering where to find stuff. I used to do one load of laundry every day. With four kids, maybe they can help with folding and putting away? Also, don't aim to be perfect, it won't ever happen. Good enough is OK, what kids really need/want is a happy mother who can spend some time with them each day!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:11 AM on May. 13, 2011

• with 4 kids...you cant!! it's okay to be flexible on most things...you can tplan hr to hr. you can plan your day and maybe a group of things be done by a certain time...not givng a time limit on any 1 thing...like between 1 and 4 you want to have the kids fed,cleaned up,tv time,laundry done and the floors cleaned...not givng anytime for 1 task but making sure they are all done in that time frame and allow 30min extra time just in case...always plan to leave for anywhere 30 min. before you actually have to leave that way you will leave on time...you can plan out meal times and meals ahead of time...you can lay out school clothes and play clothes the night before so it will save time in the morning...have a set time for bed and bath...if you dont already...make sure you plan out relax time for you...thats important...I know with 3 kids and 5 on the weekends...if I didnt get my relax time I would rip my hair out..
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• make an every week schedule with the normal everyday things you do and put it on the fridge for the kids and everyone to see so they know what needs to be done when...flexability is the key though...if something doesnt get done there is always tomorrow...but leave in mind not everything can get done tomorrow...figure out whats the most important things for you and your family and do those first.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:22 PM on May. 13, 2011