Remember The TV Show M*A*S*H?

Did you know the title of the theme song to that show is suicide is painless? Kinda creepy don't ya think?

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 10:58 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• I miss that show!
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:59 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't think there are many people who wouldn't remember that show. If I'm not mistaken, the original movie wasn't a comedy, and they kept that song from that movie. Creepy a little.............
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:00 AM on May. 13, 2011

• That was my absolutely favorite show of all time!! ;o) I cried watching the last episode ;o(

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:05 AM on May. 13, 2011

• ("Suicide is Painless" by Johnny Mandel) M*A*S*H Lyrics
    Through early morning fog I see, visions of the things to be, the pains that are withheld for me I realize and I can see...
    [chorus]:
    That suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I can take or leave it if I please.
    I try to find a way to make all our little joys relate without that ever-present hate but now I know that it's too late, and...
    [Chorus]
    The game of life is hard to play, I'm gonna lose it anyway. The losing card I'll someday lay, so this is all I have to say.
    [Chorus]
    The only way to win is cheat, And lay it down before I'm beat and to another give my seat for that's the only painless feat.
    [Chorus]
    The sword of time will pierce our skins. It doesn't hurt when it begins. But as it works its way on in the pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...
    [Chorus]
    A brave man once requested me to answer questions that are key, 'is it
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:38 AM on May. 13, 2011

• to be,' and I replied 'oh why ask me?'
    'Cause suicide is painless, it brings on many changes, and I can take or leave it if I please. ...and you can do the same thing if you choose.

I don't know if it is creepy or not, here's the lyrics. I loved the movie, the show, and I like the song.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:39 AM on May. 13, 2011

• The song isn't creepy at all, if you think about it. Think of all the horrors the men and women on both sides of the war had to see and endure; suicide would be painless compared to all that. It's kind of a metaphor. Of course, I could be biased since M*A*S*H is my fav show of all time!!!! I own the original movie, all 11 seasons of the tv show, and the 30 year reunion special on DVD.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:59 AM on May. 13, 2011

• The song is beautiful!!! Listen to the words. MASH was/is the best sitcom/drama ever on tv.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:10 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think the movie MASH was what is considered a "black comedy".
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:42 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I never knew that. I loved watching the show. In fact, my second son was born during the final minutes of a "M*A*S*H" episode.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:34 AM on May. 19, 2011