I can't shake this anxiety today

I am not sure what is going on. I Have anxiety normallly but I am on meds to help it but today seems worse..
It could be my son hasn't slept more than 6 hours a night for 3 days in a row, which means I get about 4 broken hours
or we brought my Cat in to the Vet all day for an ultrasound for heart disease
I should be happy - Its friday!!! none of the above is THAT stressful where I should be feeling like this...
How do you calm yourself when you can't shake anxiety?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:03 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Health

• drink some chamomile tea or take a warm bath with lavendar soap or lavendar candles lit. go for a drive if that kind of thing is calming to you. curl up and read a book.

i have anxiety too, and i don't have meds (although at times i wish i did) and these are some of the things i try to relieve it when it's bad. except for driving lol i hate driving.

hugs!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:06 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Breathing helps, talking to friends, walking, CM helps somewhat too!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:05 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I had anxiety problems when I was pregnant, and the only thing that helped was calming music. I would close my eyes and listen to slow music, and it really helped me drift away for a while. Try to listen to something that reminds you of good things, I would listen to songs about love and weddings and kids to get me happy about the good things that were coming.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 11:06 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I pray and ask God for his peace that passes all understanding and read some Psalms in the Bible the more you praise God the less stressed you become.
    3girls2goats

Answer by 3girls2goats at 11:10 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I suffer with anxiety and it does suck. Keep telling yourself that everything is OK, and do some deep breathing. Use progressive muscle relaxation too, that can really help! I really like the Sleepytime tea by Celestial Seasonings, it has Valerian in it, and tastes good iced. It doesn't make me sleepy, either, just makes me feel better when I am anxious.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:21 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Going for a walk seemed to work for me this morning in helping me clear my head. Hope your day gets better. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:34 AM on May. 13, 2011

• talk about it, walking, sleeping it off.
    Wiccangirl24

Answer by Wiccangirl24 at 1:45 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You need to get some rest - your body is rebelling.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:51 PM on May. 13, 2011