Your telling me these things why?

My SO tells me how wonderful his marriage was and that she did nothing for him to leave...he just stopped loving her...he also tells me of all the crazy wonderful things she would do for him...like take the skin off his baked potatoe and other weird things...he told me lastnight that he tried to makeit work up until hemet me in Dec. and even when he got his rental house in Nov. he would go over there to just hang out and if he fell asleep on the couch she would grab her blankets and sleep on the couch just to be near him..umm they seperated a yr. ago and he is still friends with her...which is fine,but when he says things like that it makes me worried shes going t try whatever she can to get him back...how can I get him to realise I dont want to know things like that? I've tried just telling him but he still does it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like he needs to talk about it, but maybe you're not the best person for him to talk to.

You have to let him know that those things he says make you feel uneasy...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:17 AM on May. 13, 2011

• A shot to the junk with a pitching wedge might do the trick....
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:18 AM on May. 13, 2011

• It sounds like he wants you to know how she made him happy and wants you to do what she does. just MO
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 11:19 AM on May. 13, 2011

• You may have to tell him again and again and again. I would just say something like "I really don't like it when you talk about your ex. Sometimes I feel as though there are three of us in this relationship rather than just me and you. It kind of hurts and it would make me feel TONS better if you kind of backed off with it." Just tell him how its hurting your feelings or making you have doubts, etc. I understand where you are coming from completely though. I still go through it myself at times with my fiance. GL to ya honey!
    MyLilClaireBear

Answer by MyLilClaireBear at 11:19 AM on May. 13, 2011

• sorry but it sounds like your just a rebound right now. i think he will get with his ex maybe nont officially but you know what i mean. i would try to find someone who isn't this "comfortable" around his ex. being friends with an ex is one thing but getting close enough to sleep together on the couch is crossing the line.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:20 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Bugzmomma is right.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:22 AM on May. 13, 2011

• @ ttk2 I was thinking the same thing I laughted about the potatoe thing...I made twiced baked potatoes and I saw he wasnt eating the skin so I said oh you dont like the skin ..he said sometimes and then went on about how he used to never eat em and she would serve him a bawld baked potatoe...I laughed and said you wont get that here you dont want the skin you can remove it yourself...I'm not her and I'm not going to try to be...but he also tells me how he wouldnt go for walk with her but he does me and how they never went out and we do so that makes me happy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on May. 13, 2011

• SWEETY SOUNDS LIKE YOUR MR.RIGHT NOW IS MISSING HIS EX,AND YOU LET HIM KNOW THAT YOU LOVE HIM BUT YOU ARE NOT ABOUT TO BE HIS MOTHER.YOU TELL HIM THAT YOU WANT A MAN NOT A BABY,TELL HIM CAN PEEL HIS OWN BANANA,AND HE IS LOD ENOUGH TO DO THINGS FOR AND BY HIMSELF.I MY SELF WAS ONCE LIKE THAT WITH MY EX,I DID EVERYTHING FOR THE DOUCHEBAG JUST TO HAVE HIM HAVE 2 KIDS OUYSIDE THE MARRIAGE,AND LEAVE ME FOR A WOMAN THAT LOOK LIKE MR.KOOL-AID MAN.
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 11:36 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Sorry but it sounds like you are the rebound girl. I would ask him straight up what the situation is, what he expects from you, and what you are to him. Alot of time married people DO end up getting back together unless there is abuse, addiction or adultery involved. You can "fall out of love" and fall right back into it once you seperate. You know, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Answer by gemgem at 12:01 PM on May. 13, 2011

• We live together and I'm not too worried they will get back together although I know it can happen...I just dont want to hear how wonderful she was when they were together...it makes me feel like I have to be more wonderful and I refuse to feel like I have to compete with her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 PM on May. 13, 2011