Have you ever had your dog just die on you?

What happened?

LARRYSWiiFE

Asked by LARRYSWiiFE at 11:32 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Pets

• yes, I had a redbone hound when I was in high school. He started being really calm all of a suddem which was totally unlike him, and he died a few days later. He was kind of young and very healthy so we got a necropsy done and come to find out someone poisoned him.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:34 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I was 5 months pregnant.. he got sick, stopped eating, started pooping black, then blood and within 2 weeks died.. most horrible thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:35 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Old age, and a number or different reasons, my back yard is a cemetery to a lot of the pets I have had over the years. I have had other peoples dogs come die in my front door, have no idea why? The last pet that died for me was a 17 year maine coon cat and she spend a whole week saying good bye to us, she was old too.

Answer by older at 11:35 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes One of my Labs died right in front of me for no apparent reason it was devastating. :(
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:36 AM on May. 13, 2011

• my dog was a healthy dog, he had all of his shots up to date and he was a tank of a dog. he was about 4 years old when i went looking for him in the backyard and i couldn't find him. i went to the neighbors yard and they said they found him laying in their front yard dead. i looked at him and he looked like he was sleeping but there was a little bit of blood coming out of his nose. i took his body to the vet and they said they couldn't find the cause of death. i'll never forget how peaceful he looked when he died. i guess i'll never know what killed him. RIP Shadow.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:37 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Our Siberian Husky, Nanook, was 12 years old. She had several medical issues, but was doing okay. It was a Monday and she started acting a little weird. She didn't want to stand up. Acted like she couldn't hear or see. It didn't get any better on Tuesday, so I called and made her an appointment at the vet for Thursday. Wednesday we went to the zoo (it was a planned thing) and came home to her dead in her cage with our other Husky. FIL was there around 7pm to let them out and said Nanook was fine then, but didn't want to get up, so he left her alone. We got home around 10pm. I was devastated. She was my baby from the beginning. It was so hard and very unexpected. Turned out that her Cushings made her muscles too weak to keep everything going.

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:37 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Three months later our other Husky, Kaiti, was fine and then suddenly her belly was bloated and she was crying in pain. It was at 8pm, so we put her in the back of the car and I rushed her to the ER vet. They thought she had a twisted stomach, but once they went in, they found a huge tumor attached to her liver. We had her put to sleep without her waking back up.

I miss my doggies!!! :-(
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:39 AM on May. 13, 2011

• DH and I woke up one morning to find our elderly dachshund had died in the night while in the bed with us. He was already stiff.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:39 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I've had a puppy die on me unexpectedly, my vet told me afterwards it was probably parvo. I was pretty young so I didn't really know what to watch for.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 11:46 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Wow!
    LARRYSWiiFE

Comment by LARRYSWiiFE (original poster) at 1:15 PM on May. 13, 2011