Kindergarten and lunch....

my dd will start kindergarten in August and idk what to do for her lunch. The things they serve at school is stuff she likes and has plenty of fruit too. Did your kid get school lunches in kindergarten, if so how'd they do carrying the tray? lol

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 11:42 AM on May. 13, 2011 in

• Mine gets lunch and sometimes brings lunch too. It just depends really on whats on the menu. She did fine with her tray. Not to mention the teachers will help those with any problems. I would just let her try everything at school then ask what she liked most. Thats how we did it, and so we know what days she will eat at school and what days she wont.

Answer by gemgem at 11:44 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I was SO worried about DS dropping his tray. He has very mild autism and can be clumsy plus has some motor delays. He surprised me! He has never dropped it once! When I asked his teacher about it she said it was so common or ANY child to drop their tray that it happened at LEAST 3 times a day. NO big deal, they just get a new one. AS far as making choices in K the teachers walked through the line with the class to make sure they were getting what they needed and made them take 2 sides even if they only wanted one (they got to pick 2) While I am sure it varies school to school how they handle the lines there is no harm in asking I'm sure they get that question a lot.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:46 AM on May. 13, 2011

• We get school newsletters that have the lunch calendar attached. My daughter mostly eats lunch at school and she did just fine. There are some days she wants to bring a lunch, so she can sit by a friend that brings their lunch. I guess there are seating arrangements for the cold and hot lunch kids. I'm sure everything will be fine. :)
    Liz0286

Answer by Liz0286 at 11:50 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My son went to a pre-school where they had trays and school lunches. he did fine at 3, so i am sure at 5 she can do it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:54 AM on May. 13, 2011

• thanks! We will get a menu sent home and you can go on the website for a menu as well. All of the stuff I have seen so far she likes. It will be alot cheaper and easier for everyone imo. That way she won't have to worry about forgetting her lunch box or have a har time opening stuff. (she is very forgetful sometimes)
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on May. 13, 2011

• thanks ladies! Can't you tell this is my first child starting school? lol I can't help but worry about her
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My daughter will be start Kindergarden this fall and I'm so nervous. This is a good question for me to add to my list. Do you have to register your kid for school lunch or is it an automatic thing?
    FairahsMommy

Answer by FairahsMommy at 3:00 PM on May. 13, 2011

Next question in
Business Moms

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
Concerned..Staph infection??