Is it possible to ovulate earlier than 14 days after AF??

Hi, the first day of my last period was the 1st. Starting two days ago I kept felling a "twinge" in my left hip area, and then noticed that I had the egg white discharge. This morning I noticed that the discharge was gone, so I am almost positive I ovulated! But this would mean it happened about 3-4 days early, is this possible or could it have been something else? Also, I am not sure if my cycle is a typical 28 day cycle because I haven't had a visit from AF in over 5 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• yes
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:48 AM on May. 13, 2011

• 14 days is an average not a solid rule. It is possible to ovulate before or after the 14th day. It could have been ovulation or it could be nothing... Ther are some great ways to track that sort of thing beside the OPK. I don't know a whole lot about them but there are women on here who do! Try looking up fertilityfriend.com... I think that is what it is called...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:50 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Thanks ladies!! I sure hope I was ovulating!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 AM on May. 13, 2011

• yes it is.
    Wiccangirl24

Answer by Wiccangirl24 at 1:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes, you can ovulate anywhere from day 10-day 20.
    averyswifeliz

Answer by averyswifeliz at 2:03 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you are not getting AF there is a GOOD chance that you are not ovulating. If you do not have a period then your body is not cycling.

You can ovulate without prior bleeding but if you ovulate and the egg is not fertilized you WILL bleed.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 14, 2011

• You can ovulate as early as day 9 and as late as day 576. Not everyone ovulates on a normal schedule. I ovulated on day 45 with this baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to trace your cycle and find the date of ovulation.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 2:42 AM on May. 15, 2011

• If you do not have a regular 28 days cycle then it could be possible that it would be early or late. That is why you should take note of your menstruation to know whenever you are ovulate. Pain in the hip may come from amny factors and some people who have had a hip surgery are now filing a hip replacement lawsuit.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2012