What kills people the most, money or religion?

I decided to ask this question out of curiosity, not because I'm a wicked person, I have watched numerous shows and read numerous books about how people kill over religious beliefs and money. When it comes to religious beliefs, there have been events going on like hindus killing muslims in India.  When it comes to money, there are people in this world that has even killed their parents over money. Like I stated before, please don't think I'm a bad person for wanting to know this. I'm just curious of what you cafemoms think.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 12:08 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd think religion has first place.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think it is a 50/50 deal here, money can make people do nasty things, so can religion......

Answer by older at 12:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Insanity.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:10 PM on May. 13, 2011

• minnesotanice, what do you mean by insanity?
    Diamond2010

Comment by Diamond2010 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Religion is all about money. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Religion is a much a business as it is a control mechanism. Religion revolves around revenue.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:17 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I agree with "Older", 50/50, but then again, religion could take the first place if don't just look at the present, but go back in history. As an example, I told a few days ago my best friend that I want to start meditating and she started yelling at me to not do it, because meditation is a direct connection with the devil....eye rolling 

NataliaWalle

Answer by NataliaWalle at 12:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Ok, that example has nothing to do with your question, :))) but my point was that religion can be interpreted in many ways, and I believe that it's a control mechanism and also centered around money.
    NataliaWalle

Answer by NataliaWalle at 12:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Both seem to have been the motivator for many, many people. It's gets harder to add up the numbers when you consider how many people seem to consider money as their 'god', or making money as their 'religion'. In any case, people will use either as an excuse, even if neither is the actual reason just because they can.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think people use religion and money as an excuse for murder. Can't take personal responsibility for doing a vile act so they have to blame something.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 12:45 PM on May. 13, 2011