What kills people the most, money or religion?

I decided to ask this question out of curiosity, not because I'm a wicked person, I have watched numerous shows and read numerous books about how people kill over religious beliefs and money. When it comes to religious beliefs, there have been events going on like hindus killing muslims in India. When it comes to money, there are people in this world that has even killed their parents over money. Like I stated before, please don't think I'm a bad person for wanting to know this. I'm just curious of what you cafemoms think

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 12:09 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Good question...I have no proof of this but I think religous beliefs has killed more.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:10 PM on May. 13, 2011

• There's no way of knowing what kills the "most". It's a tragedy either way.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If I had to judge based on today it would be money.

Answer by gemgem at 12:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Religion definately.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't think you can separate the two. Jealousy and conquest is the reason dictators and government have started most wars, while religion has been long used as the motivating factor to get people to fight for them.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Sin ..... money and religion can't kill anything.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 12:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't know because jeleousy and ratial killings are up there as well.Look at Hitler and the KKK. But religious wars have been around along time the bible has alot of stories about people going to war because of diffrent beliefs. So unfortunately I would have to say religious beliefs are probebley the number one reason people kill each other.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 12:31 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It's hard to say, only the person knows their true motives. In the past a lot of people were killed and wars were started because of "religion" when in reality they may have been after money, land and other political gains, religion was just used to justify it to people who didn't know any better.

MmeCS

Answer by MmeCS at 12:46 PM on May. 13, 2011

• you forgot to include politics lol..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• The thing is, even on issues that seem religious, there is always a lot more going on - issues that are more geo-political in nature that are merely given a religious mask or rallied under a religious banner. People have done awful things for many reasons - power, money, land, politics, etc - and a lot of the time, especially in the past when the government was tied with an official religion, those issues were given religious justification and religious reasons were added. Most of the time the issues weren't even really about religion, even if they were acted out through religion or with a religious mask. There is always more going on behind the scenes than being able to say that just one issue caused all the chaos and violence we see throughout history...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:21 PM on May. 13, 2011