Why does child protection services say they want to keep the family together but always tear them apart?

Going through a crazy thing with my husband and his daughters, some one somewhere has FALSELY accused him of the unthinkable. Even after a trail saying no true bill, CPS (child protection services) is still doing all they can to keep him away from them... the sad part is all of the girls cry and beg to see their daddy and we are helpless to fix it. Even the mother is upset that they are going so far to tear our family apart

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• CPS is not the enemy. They are there to protect the children and I am positive there must be more going on if they are taking the children to another environment.
    Anonymous

• I work with CPS through a private adoption / foster agency and can tell you that it is NOT the goal of CPS to keep the family apart -- The goal is to make sure children have a safe environment. That is why families have an entire year after their children are removed to get it together and work their service plan in order to get the children back. I am sorry for you guys, but as the PP said, there has to be more to it??
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No there is not more to it the childs mother, and father and the child all say that what they are trying to say is not true. I dont trust CPS from where we are from anyway they almost ruined my life as a child and sent my sisters far away from me. I'm saying all CPS is wrong but if you look it up thousands of ppl are falling victim to improper tactics and constitutional voilatons just because no one is trying regulate or stop them from doing what they want.... The children currently live with their mom and we were all gettin along great and still are but now the children are acting out in school and begging to see their dad. From personal expirance kids dont want to be around ppl who hurt them or make them uncomfortable
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Every story I have ever heard of them was them keeping the family together - when they shouldnt be...

Like one of my husbands realtives whos son got into her pills MORE THAN ONCE - and was on life support TWICE - in less than a year apart.

all she had to do was take a 30 mintue class on locking up medication and cps handed them right over.

2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:56 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Your going to have to get an attorney. Once CPS starts their bullcrap they don't stop until you get an attorney.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:10 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I have a biased view of CPS and the foster care system... because they took me from my family because I was being sexually abused!! In my time in the system, I never once saw or met a child that was taken when they shouldn't have. In fact I watched my foster mother love, care, nurture and bond with so many children that she had to hand back over to abusive and neglectful parents because the court deemed that they deserved a second chance. I remember so many times when my social worker went out of her way to be there for me when she didn't have to.

CPS is not the enemy, and the people who work in the system have a very hard job, I wish people could see how hard and overloaded the system is.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I belive that some are ok but not all expecailly the ones handling this case, yes there are times that the children need to be placed in a better home but this isnt one of them the fact is the child were very safe very happy and this was all started from a FALSE claim towards my husband, even after they found no proof evidence or what ever they are still on our backs. no one is even looking into the fact that all three parents are loving and compassionate ppl who would die for thier kids. We did get a lawyer but we can afford 2 of them, we have one for him but she (the mother of the children) needs one too in the end we are going to pay a lot of money to validate a truth we already knw and to allow us to be a big happy family agian
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:27 PM on May. 13, 2011

• CPS in Texas threatened to take my children for allowing my 8 year to play outside our apartment. Yes, that is all there is to it. They claimed that someone reported my 4 and 5 yr old playing outside but, they had no proof. We endured 8 months of harassment and SW visits until I told them I was done playing their games and I would be getting an attorney. They closed the case.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Anon, what proof are they going to be able to show? If a child is molested, what "proof" is there going to be?

And no offense, I desperately hope for you sake that it is all false, but my mom has spent years telling everyone exactly what your stating now. That I was happy, that there was no way her husband could have done anything like that. That cps was the big bad demon who was out to get them. All the while, I was trying to adjust to foster care, and trying to learn how to move on with life after what I had gone through.
    I really hope for your children's sake that nothing happened. But if something did, when they grow up, they will remember that no one believed them. And I can tell you that the emotional trauma from that, is almost as bad as the sexual abuse.
    So get your lawyer (focus on your husband, not the other mother, sorry to sound harsh, but YOUR husband comes first), and do what you have to, but be sure.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:46 PM on May. 13, 2011

• @daughteroftruth yes i see what u are saying, but the little girl even says it didnt happen, but they have twisted her words around to saying she said it did. The same little girls is going off on her teachers tellin them she wants to see her daddy. If the little girl was telling me that it happend then i wouldnt be on his side at all. but as I said she and the mother and my husband and my self all say and feel that this is not what happend and we still going through it, and yes i intend to foucus on my husband but I know that they will go after the girls mother too and that isnt good either
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 PM on May. 13, 2011