I had an Ultrasound...

I had an ultrasound and I am only 16 weeks... They told me it was a another girl can the be positive that it is a girl that early just wanted to make sure and get your ladies advice should I start buying pink or wait till June 3rd for the full profile ultrasound??? Thanks in advance ladies!!!

you rock

mykids060911

Asked by mykids060911 at 12:23 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm I think you should wait... I had one done at 19 weeks and still didn't start buying pink till I made sure weeks later.... I'm now 31 weeks and just started buying pink
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 12:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I would wait, because if it's a boy, the sac and such could still develop. I would wait until you are farther along. They usually wont tell you for sure untill around 20 weeks, so a whole month early is kinda risking it.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 12:31 PM on May. 13, 2011

• congrats!
    Im going through the same thing...
    I had an ultrasound on Wednesday and I'm 15-16 weeks (long story, due date keeps changing) anyway, doc said its a boy and he is 98% sure. he said 98% as a joke because he said he's been wrong before when he thought it was a girl and then it turned out to be a boy. So, in other words... it is easier to determine if its a boy. I'm also waiting until my official ultrasound at the beginning of June.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i would wait. they told a friend she was having a boy around the same time in her pregnancy. she had a beautiful daughter instead. so therfore she had all boy stuff.
    luvbug3990

Answer by luvbug3990 at 1:48 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I found out that I was having a girl at 16 weeks and it was right!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 6:24 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My friend was told she was having a girl and we now have a boy. I'd wait!
    1Mady

Answer by 1Mady at 6:44 PM on May. 13, 2011