Do you agree that an 8 year old should have to stay up late when she has to wake up early just so her babysitter can go to the gym?

my boyfriends uncle is getting married tomorrow. he's dropping his 8 year old daughter off at our place at 9:30 tonight and is picking her up and 8:30 in the morning. well he gets home from work at 6:30 and i have work at 7, i work a literal 5 minute drive away so i leave at 6:50. well he want's to drop me off at work so he can go to the gym for a couple hours. he's a body building gym freak. one of those "pick things up, put them down" guys, i get out of work at 11. i told him that it would be better that i drive myself to work and back because she shouldn't have to go out that late to get me. she's too young to stay up past 11, especially with a huge day tomorrow and having to wake up early. his response is that he want's to go to the gym and he's gonna take his little cousin to pick me up, also i should mention there is our 8 month old daughter too and i don't want her going out that late either. one day missed at the gym won't turn his muscle to flab!! i swear he is so thickheaded sometimes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on May. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think its ok to put your kids on a schedule to work around your life bc they will need to learn that sort of scheduling for there adult life to work with other peoples schedules. Having said that if your the babysitter of fathers choice it sounds like he is only thinking of his schedule and not working around other peoples schedule. So that was a definate noonoo.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• no, children should have a set bedtime in order to establish a routine. Since this is somewhat of a special occasion, maybe just maybe this one time she could get through it. But in general, I'm a bedtime nazi here at home and bedtime is bedtime, no matter what.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:42 PM on May. 13, 2011

• kim... I think you're wrong. I'm sorry but its the ADULTS JOB to work around a child's needs not vice versa. Kids need their sleep and kids need their food and kids need their schedule... adults have to adjust for that.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:29 PM on May. 14, 2011