Do you think that women going into the workforce is the reason for the decay of our society?

Please read the part at the end.....

Women go to work
+
Less time to take care of husband and house
+
Forced to send child(dren) to daycare
=
Less love, values and morals taught to children

and

Less attention to marriage

resulting

In higher divorce rates and decaying society with regard to morals and values.

What do you think?

Just for the record I am a mother who works outside the home. I have been exposed to many people who are putting the above ideas into my head. I am still mixed and would love your opinions. Please refrain from being mean spirited. Thank you ;-)

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• I can see how that work... I would rather never work and stay home and take care of husband and little boy. I have to work though. Like I said I can see how it might work, but over all I think that alot of it has to do with lack of trying and giving up to easy.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Another good point: Women are now expected to work. Because most families are two-income families employers use that to justify giving our husbands lower wages. Men are no longer able to support the family in the manner they used to be able to on their own, which means bad news for the economy also.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I can see how many people would think that. However, woman have the right to do whatever they want to. So no, I don't think they are to blame. I think that if a woman wants to work and has a family, her family should support her. As far as the divorce rate with marriages, if two people are meant to be together they will find a way to make anything work out. I DO think that working mothers should get more time off of work. There are some countries who pay mothers to stay home with a child for the first 6 months up to a year. I really wish our country would see the importance of that.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• As Mom's we do what's best for our families. We don't live in 'Leave it to Beaverville'. Anyone that says I can't work, take care of my husband, children and house as well as teach my children moral values and show them love and teach them the meaning of love all at the same time....I'd say come spend a week at my house and I'll show you how it's done. And if they chose not to I'd tell them to stuff it and keep their opinions to themselves. Whew...okay ~ I feel better ~ thanks for letting me get that off my chest...giggles!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No.
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 9:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• so is that saying because a woman works and doesnt "spoil" her husband, so the divorce rate is high? pardon me, but wtf? crazy......if i could stay at home and not work i would, and it wouldn't be to take care of my husband, but to take care of the kids first. you do what makes you happy honey!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No. Absolutely not. A woman can do all those things, but she needs to keep her priorities straight. If she loses focus on her children and/or marriage, that was probably going to happen regardless of her work situation. As a stay-at-home mom and former latch key kid with an amazing set of parents for roll models, I absolutely think it's ludicrous to assume that ALL working mothers are neglectful to their family and/or that working mothers are the reason for societal decay. Working mothers can have good morals, ethics, and strong family skills.
    You know, I'm a bit offended by the idea that working mothers have rotten kids and marriages, and if this is something you hear on a regular basis it warrants a bitch slap.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 9:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree....a bitch slap may be warranted here!...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Thank you for your honest answers. I love you gals.
    logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No, I don't think that's the reason at all. I believe that the decay of our society came with the sexual revolution.
    Anonymous