If you or your kids don't like cake do you buy one anyways for they're birthday?

Out of birthday tradition? Or do you eat a different dessert?

As a baker I am getting other ideas and options to please my customers. So far for the ones that don't like cake I make cake pops since they are smaller and they don't mind a little. I also make them chocolate dipped fruit or a cookie cake.

baking

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 12:41 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Get what you and the kids like.
    I always ask for Ice Cream cake for myself. And my Mom loves Strawberry Pie, so thats what I make her.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If my kid doesnt like cake then no I wouldnt buy it...I would get some other kind of dessert....I don't really like cake (I hate frosting) but I still get it for my daughter's bday and I just eat the ice cream...strawberry shortcake is awesome though...would that be a good substitute?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:49 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I always ask for a cheese cake for my bday but me and my 2 daughters have our bdays all in the same week so we don't need another cake in the house. but... to answer your question, i would if it you're having a bday party but otherwise i would just get them what they want.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:03 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think it is up to the birthday person.........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Different dessert. I always get pie for my birthday.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:49 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I agree frosting is too much for me. When I did my internship at a cupcake shop they would send me home with a box of free cupcakes everyday. I would scrap off the frosting and eat the cake or on days when my son can have sweets he would eat the frosting for me! Strawberry shortcake is a good idea!
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 12:53 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I actually get customers that have no idea what they want. I have to give them ideas and avoid cake!
    Cakes are actually my favorite thing to make besides Baklava.
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 12:56 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't buy desserts, I make my kids' cakes unless they want something different.
    Anonymous