• In the Spotlight:

Crawling

my son is starting to crawl, not a proper crawl but he slithers like a snake verrrry quickly. Now, my house has tile floors, and I am a little apprehensive about letting he go where ever he wants to go. Im going to get rugs, but in the mean time do you think its bad to let him get on the tiles or should i just let him go at it?

KiraStadnik

Asked by KiraStadnik at 12:55 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him go. We have tile, hardwoods, and carpet but my little ones have never shown a preference to crawling on one over the other. But he might be more comfortable in long pants? rather than shorts (depending on weather)

Answer by missanc at 12:59 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yeah, thats a good idea. ill keep him in long pants. Im just so worried he will catch a cold from the tile floors
    KiraStadnik

Comment by KiraStadnik (original poster) at 1:00 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I let my son crawl on tiles, just make sure he cant pull anything over or get into anything (had to move cat food and litter box to garage till we get a gate up in the kitchen)

Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 1:00 PM on May. 13, 2011

• its not bad as long as the floor is not too cold also make sure he does not lick the floor or like bang his head if you do not let him try he wont practice and get better
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think its ok to let him crawl on the tiles,I let mine. But it does make their knees a lil red and rough. But if u recently or just mopped the floor or something I would wait till it drys.
    SparkleAndCandy

Answer by SparkleAndCandy at 10:41 PM on May. 14, 2011