glitter graphics??

Ok i am trying to put christmas graphics up on my page and just about all of them glitter...well when i copy and past the code it just basically puts the url on my page...it doesnt put the picture...i tried to just add the pic to my computer and do it that way but then it doesnt glitter...what am i doing wrong??? How can i fix it??

wyattsmomie

Asked by wyattsmomie at 9:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Hi wyattsmommie,

Here's how to add a glitter text graphic:

Click the 'My CafeMom' tab.
    Click the 'Add A Widget' button underneath your profile picture.
    On the left of the CafeMom Widget Directory page, you will see categories.
    Click the 'Graphics + Sparkle Text' category.
    Go to the second page.
    Click on 'Learn More' beneath 'Glitter Text by RockYou'.
    Click the 'Add This Widget' button.
    On step 1, click on the link to go to the rockyou.com site to create your glitter text.
    Create your glitter graphic and follow the steps to copy your code.
    Once you have copied your code, return to your CafeMom account.
    Paste the code into the 'Paste Code Here' box.
    Click 'Save Widget'.

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I usually highlight the pic I want and copy it on the rich text widget. Works for me.
    Anonymous

• your best bet is to copy/paste into a rich text widget. Not all graphics will copy though.

When you are uploading an animated graphic from your computer, you must first do so to a photo sharing service like photobucket.com. it's free to sign up for and invaluable if you upload a lot of graphics. Once the photo is is uploaded choose the direct link and paste that into the url tab in the add a photo pop up.

Finally if you have added a url to the pop up ( not the field) and it is showing the code not the graphic, try clicking the edit button on the widget and saving it. Sometimes this will bring up the graphic. HTH if you need more help you can message me.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:07 AM on Dec. 6, 2008