How do you cope when he's out of town?

My lovely is on the other side of the country right now, taking a trip he's planned for months (deserves, and desperately needs!). He's only been gone for 24 hours, but I already miss him.

I'm not accustomed to sleeping by myself, hell, we sleep like a pile of kittens most nights- last night was terrible, I didn't sleep at all. I kept waking up, rolling over expecting to feel his warmth and it wasn't there :( He won't be home for another 9 days.

I know some of you have DH/SO who travel a lot, how do you deal with sleeping alone?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 12:58 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• You'll be tired enough to sleep soon.

I used to have a real hard time falling asleep without him home, but I eventually got used to him travelling.
    [[Hugs]]
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:00 PM on May. 13, 2011

• When my ex SO was out of town, I celebrated by sleeping in the big middle of the bed!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:01 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Get his pillow and a shirt with is cologne on it and snuggle with that if you dont have kids or a pet to cuddle with, most of the time i just cuddle with my kids it makes it easier
    mom2-6mineNhis

Answer by mom2-6mineNhis at 1:03 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Since January, my DH has been more out of state than he has been in (in MN while we live in OH) due to work. It wasn't easy without him here...I depend on him not only as my husband, but as my best friend and a great father. But after the first couple of days I started looking at it as a nice break to where when he got back home, we would be an even better couple...and we are! :-)

Oh yeah...and I hogged the entire bed! LOVED IT! It's actually a little hard to sleep with him again! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Thanks. We have a mutual friend who is visiting this weekend, and possibly my "Other dad" (I haven't seen him since christmas! I really hope he visits). I know that'll be a distraction, I just don't like sleeping alone.

Bailey- my sister is the same way, but I prefer to sleep all tangled and curled up, most of the time, so does he. It is rare that we sleep on separate sides of the bed.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 1:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• That's adorable!!!!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Awww I'm sorry, I've never had to deal with him being out of town before but he works at nights and so I sleep by myself most nights...I wear whatever shirt he took off that day and sleep in it or with it next to me so I can smell him....I know it's not the same but sometimes it helps =) HUGS
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Keeley- that's just it. He *is* my best friend, not just the man I share my bed with. I guess I'm more dreading how long he'll be gone than anything.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 1:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I have my kids sleep with me lol they are only 6 and 3 but it helps.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 1:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My hubby drives trucks, so I try to keep myself busy with the kids or work til he comes home
    brock27mcb

Answer by brock27mcb at 1:30 PM on May. 13, 2011