Acting up in public

Do you take your child with you everywhere you go???like for instance an upscale salon where there were no other kids.. You bring him in dirty with no shoes on his feet so he can't get down.Thats what my friend did to me.. She brought her 3 year old son to a salon where I was looking just like that.I was quite embarrased to say the least but what took the cake is his screaming,squirming b/c she refused to put him down.. Once he found his way down he started messing with one of the salon dryers by kicking it and actually pulled it away from the wall.His mom just sat there and watched npt doing or saying anything... Not only could he have gotten hurt but that dryer costs money if torn up... After they left my stylist fussed at me b/c of my friends demeanor in the shop and her sons actions... like it was my fault !!!I guess what I'm asking is what could have been the best way to handle this situation if you were in it.

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 1:08 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not take your friends next time.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• sorry forgot to mention that i did not invite her she just showed up cause she knew thats where i was.. I hope i donot sound like a jerk
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 1:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I pretty much take my DD with me everywhere I go. If you don't want your friend to bring her kid along, then tell her that you just want some girl time without kids.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:13 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Okay...just read your addition. There isn't much you can do when she just comes in because she knows you are there unless you are okay with making your friend mad.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:16 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't want to make her mad but i think if she wants to show up like that then both of them should be clean and have on shows.She should have said something to him about the hairdryer I do believe
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 1:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Well you shouldn't tell her how to parent unless she ask's -- I would probably tell her that the stylist mentioned to you that the owner prefers that children not come into the salon due to liability issues. Sounds good to me!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:05 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I would've asked your friend to leave... she and her son didn't need to be there.

I had to take my kids with me on this HELLISH day... it was last Valentines. I had all these errands to run and wanted to look nice for this awesome dinner my husband was taking me to. I had to return a dress, buy a new one, buy some shoes, get my hair done, get my toes done, and stop in at Claire's to buy a hair accessory. I was at the mall ALL DAY. My shoes I wore were KILLING my feet. My husband was at school all day and my mom/sister couldn't help. It was awful. I felt terrible. When I was getting my hair done I kept apologizing to the stylist and telling my kids to sit still and behave... but there was nothing I could do besides that.

Your friend should've had AT LEAST enough tact to maintain her child. I can't control WHEN my kids will act out in public, but they sure as hell won't get away with it....
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 10:00 PM on May. 14, 2011