How would you handle this? Or do?

Ok if a woman has a set amount to be receiving in child support but yet she still ask for more money on the side what can be done. We don't want to open any can of worms bc most likely we will end up paying more in CS bc dh is making more money then before. So we just go with the flow with her... God I can not wait for the day of the last check to her WE'd rather give the money to the teen kids which we still do, which does not leave us with much for us but hey we'll get past this.
......Just Venting.....

Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• No. She's given money every month and that amount should be enough.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:34 AM on May. 15, 2011

• If she asks for more money, then you can tell her no. If she takes you to court then you can start paying the amount that is deemed appropriate according to the courts. Child support cannot be given to the child because it's for the parent to use for the child's basic needs, which most kids don't think about (roof over their heads, food, etc.) and might be tempted to go blow it all on clothes or fun.

Answer by missanc at 1:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Most states have work sheets. I would look it up and see what the difference would be in child support verses what extra he is giving to her. Like in my case I had teens at home and my ex paid/pays child support. I can take him back to court and double his support, but instead we just work it out between us. Right now my ex pays $409 for one child. But he helps with alot of things. Like he just paid 50% of prom, we also bought a car for our son and split the cost. It works out better for us.

Answer by gemgem at 1:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Thx missanc...but ladies why can't she just live with what she has it is sufficient enough. $800.00 for 2 :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If she gets "picky" and takes it back for more money all the "extra" that is being given is considered a gift and is not applied to the support (it sounds like you may know this??), but I get your dilemma...if she's letting you give the extra to the teens, maybe she will just let it go at that. My DH's support was based on a $40,000. a yr job he was "possibly" gettting, it never happened and we could never afford to get it modified. So the ex (the PIt Viper) LOL...wasn't very patient when DH was out of work and no unemployment for 18 months....we begged her not to report him to the DOR (enforcement) we were trying...I gave a little every check. Now mind you his oldest had already emancipated......and her income was twice mine! That was three years ago. He got 10,000 behind..we are finally down to 4000. and both kids are adults and hopefully in Sept it will be done. Sorry I ranted.....I just feel for you!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It would all depend on what she was doing with the money. If she is just being greedy and spending the money on junk, or does she really need the money?
    Having a teen is expensive, the last years of school proms, senior ring, invitation, pictures and all.
    I would offer to pay half of these expenses or something, but ask for a reciept.
    I would not just hand her cash to do what she pleases with or says shes going to do.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:29 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't know what I would do.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:46 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think that if he is making more money and is actually supposed to be paying more money TO HIS CHILDFREN but is not being honest; well then you should just give her the money for the children when it is asked for and be thankful she has not taken you back to court. Also be thankful she does not know he is making more money now.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:35 AM on May. 14, 2011

• MISSANC AND DAHIS YOU WOMEN SHOULD REALLY BE ASHAME OF YOURSELVES,RANTING ANG RAVING CAUSE THESE FATHERS ARE DOING THIER JOBS .HOW DARE YOU ALL COMPLAIN CAUSE THE MOMS ASK FOR EXTRA MONEY TO HELP CARE FOR THE CHILDREN THAT THESE MEN HELP BRING INTO THIS WORLD.AND I GIVE MAD PROPS TO THE OTHER LADIES THAT REALIZE JUST HOW EXPENSIVE KIDS ARE NOWADAYS.AND SOME SYEPMOMS WONDER JUST WHY THE STEP CHILDREN NEVER LIKES THEM.KIDS ARE NOW STUPID AND THEY PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU THINK THEIR LISTENING TO THE MPG3 PLAYER.SO YOU PETTY WOMEN BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY TO THEIR DADS .
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 2:53 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Well if he's making more, than she should be getting more. It made sound ungrateful but if she needs more money to care for her children than she needs it. If she takes him to court, she may get more than what she is asking for. I only get 182 for my son and he has autism. Honestly $182.00 a month isn't enough, but I'm grateful to have my fiance helping me out. I won't ask for more money cause my son's father isn't making enough to give me more, but if he is making more, more likely they probably are going to give more. Good Luck I know its probably very frustrating for you.

dre07_dream10

Answer by dre07_dream10 at 12:03 PM on May. 14, 2011