Is it wrong of me

My dh is super hard on his car. He acts like he is 16 still. He got the car a little over 2 years ago. In the past 2 years, he has; backed into a yellow pole putting a dent on the side, hit a deer, which was $500 deductible, drove on freshly painted yellow lines, and had to have it repainted(150$) hit a pot hole denting his rim and busting his tire ($450) hit a huge raccoon which was another 500$ bc it busted the bumper and undercarriage, hit a huge rock and cracked his rim and popes his tire, we searched for a new rim bc it couldn't be fixed, come to find out, his rims are rare and had to buy a different set of rims and tire (900$). Most recently, we got a lot of rain, and he thought it'd be fun to drive into a flooded parking lot. Now he needs to replace a gasket, and fuel pump because the water got into it and messed them up. Another 400$ to his car. I hate complaining because he is the one that works and makes the money, but dang, that is A LOT of money for his car, all because he cant be careful!! ( sorry about the vent) Do I have the right to be mad, since he is making the money??

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 1:22 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• My DH used to be the same way and still is sometimes. I just told him if he isn't going to take care of his cars that he can't have nice ones. It is a lot cheaper that way.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 6:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You have the right to take away his car keys and send him to driving school. You have the right to refuse to EVER drive in a vehicle with him because he's DANGEROUS.

You ABSOLUTELY have the right to be angry. Inded, I'd tell him that because he's stupid, YOU are going BACK TO WORK to be able to pay for the food his stupidity is taking off your table.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes you have a right to be upset! Just because he is the one that "makes the money" doesn't mean that you can't get upset about the money. That is alot of money that could be better used on something else for the family!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You have the right to notice that's a lot of money being spent on a car when it could be going toward food and necessities. Men and their cars! I just broke up with a guy who spent $8,000.00 for a PAINT JOB on his car. I figured he's nuts so I left! (Not telling you to leave)

Answer by admckenzie at 1:24 PM on May. 13, 2011

• of course you have the right to be mad. even if you don't have a "job" persay you are still working. you take care of kids and the house (i'm assuming) so that makes you equal partners. he sounds like he needs to take a driving class. tell him you need your own car as well, why should you have to deal with his car and all the problems he causes it.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I do have my own car, and his parents have extra cars so he doesn't have to take mine when his isn't working. (thank goodness) he makes plenty of money that we do have extra dn are never hurting for money, but it could have went else where, like a vacation, or anything!!! And he doesnt drive like that when I'm in the car with him, just when he is driving his car.
    BabyBugsmama

Comment by BabyBugsmama (original poster) at 1:29 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Remind him too, after so many insurance claims, he won't be able to GET insurance, and YOU'LL be responsible for taking him everywhere. So, as an equal member in the household, kick him in the ass and tell him to act his age and stop wasting so much money. Add up what he's spent this last year, and show him the giant tv with surround sound he could've had instead! He'll understand that!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:32 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Unfortunately, he can still buy everything he wants too...
    BabyBugsmama

Comment by BabyBugsmama (original poster) at 1:33 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Wow, I am staying off the road when he is driving lol.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 7:15 PM on May. 13, 2011