I want to scream...so ya not a question but a vent

Try to make it short, but there's so much lol We have had a rough couple of days, not communicating properly. So 2 days ago I snapped at DH b/c DD projectile spit up breast milk all over herself, DH, and me as we were walking out the door for work. The first thing he does is run to clean himself up....I grabbed DD and cleaned myself afterwards. Ok I get that, my breastmilk probably kinda gross for him to be wearing. But my problem was when I said I need to give her a bath real quick, he says uh no just wipe her down we need to go, I got a little mad b/c she was so sticky and I felt bad for her. Then yesterday I was still grabbing stuff to load in the car and he put DD in the car (she's 4 mo) and came back in the house to grab his phone....OMG do you leave a 4 mo in the car alone? His response, it's not like we were at a gas station or anything....um I don't care where we are we don't leave her in the car by herself. We were loud all the way to work, I'm you can imagine, poor baby girl slept the whole way thank goodness. And then today he was talking about when we went and played poker and at a friend's house the other night and how his friend's gf cussed him out for telling her to quit talking and take her turn, she blew up on him in front of everyone.. I missed it b/c I ran to the store. But he thought it was hilarious she "put him in his place". I just looked at him and said, heaven forbid I talk to you that way, and if I did it in front of your friends you'd lock me out of the bleepin' house.

All that being said, we don't fight often, its just been a rough few days is all, but jesus when is it going to end. I just walked away after the last incident without giving him a chance to respond, but really I wanted to go on and on.

Thanks for listening.

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 1:23 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• It is my opinion that men have something encoded in their DNA to turn them into "insensitive butthead man-pigs".(pigs meaning they messy and don't clean or clean up after themselves).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Hugs mama! I understand what you mean...DH has left our 4 yr old in the car to run back in the house to get something...I had to get in his ass about that one...but yeah men are weirdos, for some reason they just can't grasp the obvious...good luck honey, it will get better =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• simple smileYour welcome and hang in there......oh,yea.....don't forget.....men are born that way, they can't help being "DUH" LOL

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Hugs! Men can be insensitive buttheads at times-- I know mine was acting like one last night when he made some snarky comments about my weight loss. (I have lost 21 pounds since April 1st). So I felt a bit mad and hurt that he could not be positive and supportive.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I would have castrated my husband if he left our baby alone in the car! I put him in his place all the time; you should too. Who does your husband think he is talking to/treating you that way?
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 1:34 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You really never know a man till you havea kid with him...I leave my kids in the car all the time to grab something out of the house..I leave the doors open and it's quick but I have 3 and it's just me usually...snapping at him for your frusteration will get no where..chances are he just tuned you out...you will not always agree on parenting and sometimes it can be the relationship wrecker...so you need to sit down with him and tell him what you expect of him and what you will not tolerate...like leaving the child in the car...it's a learning proccess for both of you...it will take time.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Thank you happymama, I do honestly appreciate the good along with the bad, that's really why I post to be able to see both side :) She is our third. this wasn't the first time I said something about leaving her, I just snapped at him b/c it was at least the 5th time I said something, I know I know he's a normal man lol As for parenting differences, yes we just have to agree to disagree, but even that's hard sometimes. Thank you ladies
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 1:45 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I hope you feel better now!!! GL and enjoy the weekend :)
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 7:13 PM on May. 13, 2011