Moving across country

I am currently in Maryland I have lived in maryland my whole life. I am currently dating a man in the navy. We are currently waiting for him to be told if he will be medically discharged or if not transfered. If he does not get out we are most likely moving to North Dakota. I am very excited that we will be moving together. However I am nervous about how i will adjust considering I will be all the way away from all of my family. I am also worried about how my son will be taking moving away from my family and his dad. My son is only 2. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if they have how they have dealt with it. I am really need some advice.

victoriak12708

Asked by victoriak12708 at 1:29 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• So you do not plan to marry before moving? If you are not his wife. You do not get any military benifits, at all. You can not get any help from the military.
    I say do not move with him if he is not willing to marry you.

Answer by louise2 at 1:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Just how serious is this relationship? Are we talking marriage? How long have you been seeing him? Makes a HUGE difference.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 PM on May. 13, 2011

• And yes, louise is correct. No marriage, no move.

• i dont have an answer but I will pray that you make the right chioce!I'm gonna bump this question GL
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 1:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• We are not married. We have talked about it many times and are looking to get married in the next year or two. I know I will not recieve benefits from the military but I am able to work and pay for my own finances. We also have money in savings if something goes wrong I will be able to come back home.
    victoriak12708

Comment by victoriak12708 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you know what you are getting into then. go for it. But I would not.

Answer by louise2 at 9:56 PM on May. 13, 2011