How would you feel? (not sure if it should be here)

first off I don't want or mean to sound stuck up, i'm just a little upset about mothers day. I found some things on dh computer satuday night that I didn't like so that basically messed up my mood (and that is why i could feel this way about this). So mothers day dh told me what he got me. it still hasn't come. he had a friend get it for me and send them a gift card so I wouldn't know what he got me. dh had called them, text them and sent them messages about the package and hasn't heard a thing back. we were super busy on mothers day, went to church, visit an old friend, see dh grand parents (who i love going to see but not with a fussy toddler) and his mom and my nephew birthday party. Needless to say I didn't get home until 10pm. we still haven't heard a thing about the package and I know these people and trust them but i'm starting to worry that we lost the money and won't see it anything. dh gave me their number to text them but i feel as if its not up to me to ask them about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• No it shouldnt be up to you to call them, but I probably would anyways...I start getting confrontational when it comes to somebody messing around with my money or my husbands generosity and trust..so yeah...Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:38 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Was this something that was ordered and had to be shipped to them first? Perhaps the week has been a bit too busy for them to get it to you? Or perhaps it was out of stock?

Too many variables here. I wouldn't be upset... yet.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Leave it up to him to call and stop worrying about it. Just breathe and enjoy being a mom. The best gift is your baby and that should be enough.
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 1:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you feel its not your place to call get dh to do it just put the phone on speaker so you can hear whats going on.
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 1:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• So he sent them a gift card to get you the present which they would then send you? he couldnt get it himself and hide it? I'm confused about that 1...in my experience you can trust no one not friends or family and most deff. not when it comes to money...mothersday was almost a wk. ago and if they are not returning any phone calls or anything...they took the money and ran...i would just except that fact and it's his fault he needs to go get you something else!!!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• dh bought it from them. so it didn't have to be shipped to them. its not even about the gift. I told dh not to get me anything because we are low on cash. its about the money.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I agree that it is not your place to deal with this. Your husband should contact them.

Answer by Bmat at 1:47 PM on May. 13, 2011

• oh wow...yeah i would not be happy...i know they say it';s the though that counts but when your out money when you dont really have it to be out anyways..i would be pissed and he should deff. be the 1 to take care of it
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• He should be the one to ask about it.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:17 PM on May. 13, 2011