Avon reps?

I've noticed a lot of you are AVON reps. I have thought about being one myself. Is the money any good?

maggiesmom415

Asked by maggiesmom415 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have been selling Avon for three years now and really I dont make that much money. I still have to babysit just to help out with money. Avon is more of a thing I do because I like to order and my family loves to order. But I havent tried to make a big business out of it either. So I could see if you didnt order stuff for yourself and you had a lot of people buying then you could probably make some money. Although I wouldnt count on making tons.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 10:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• NO. I spent money. I love AVON and all their deals. When i sold it, most of it was to me.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 11:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes you can make as much money as you would like . once you get those customers you then let all of your customers know to start buying online offer them the free shipping code at check out: FSANY......To learn more about the Avon opportunity visit:-- http://esthernelson.avonrepresentative.com/opportunity.html?setlang=1(just copy and paste this website at the top) *****Right now i'm waiving the $10 one time start up investments for anyone that live in the Tampa, Florida area or near........ to sign me please contact me.....just remember you have nothing to lose and alot to gain and this offer ends 1/1/09
    Sincerely,Esther Nelson-Avon Representative Since September 2008--
    www.youravon.com/esthernelson--ladyen7@hotmail.com
    beautyofAvonjob

Answer by beautyofAvonjob at 6:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have been selling it for 4 years. I make very little money at it. I mostly buy stuff for myself, so getting it discounted is great for me. But in all the time that I have been doing it, I haven't made more than $100 a month. As far as the person who is recruiting you....Avon pays a commission for anyone that you sign up or if they are in a leadership position then they get a percentage of your sales, so these people will be all over you trying to get you to sign up. What I would do is get on the Avon site and go to "find a representative" and see how many reps there are in your area. SO MANY women are trying to sell Avon and some places are just maxed out with reps. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You will make the most money building a downline because you get commissions off their sales in addition to your own profit. Avon offers a lot of incentives that will make you money. If you decide to do it, make sure that you find out about all of the incentives so you don't miss out because some of them you earn within your first 4 campaigns. I don't sell as much as I recruit and train so I can make commissions from my team. Also, a lot of reps will buy product fro themselves so they don't see the profit - I like to see profit. I've only being selling since May and I lost my job - thank goodness for Avon!

Also, I would advice that you go to your local Avon rep if you want to sign up because yes, that person has a vested interest in your success. If you sign up directly with Avon, a district manager will sign you up and you might get lost in the shuffle.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 1:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Hello! I work from home without selling, stocking or delivering any product and make a residual monthly income!! I work with a health and wellness company that manufactures everyday items that we all use, but they are healthier and less expensive. I setup new customer accounts and they pay me to do so!! I love what I do and love helping others work from home!! Checkout my profile and my blogspot at www.MomsGoneGreen.blogspot.com.
    ~Lisa
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 3:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I'm an Avon rep and also an independent distributor with Mia Bella Gourmet Candles. I can say, with Avon, I don't make a whole lot of money. I like the discount I get and I sell to some family and friends and loyal customers. As with any business, you get out of it what you put into it, so some people are making really good money with Avon. The compensation with Avon in no way compares to my Mia Bella candle business - even my sponsor in Mia Bella is an Advanced Unit Leader with Avon and said her Avon income in no way compares to her Mia Bella income.

You can also check out WAHM.com and poke around the different message boards and ask questions. If you want more info on Mia Bella, just let me know!

Good luck in your decision and have a great day!
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 4:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I just started Avon! It cost me $10.00 to become a rep. I have my website:
    http://www.youravon.com/sthornton-wrig
    Msshe

Answer by Msshe at 5:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009