Anyone else sending kids to summer camp?

My dd is gettting to go to a one week session and a week end sleep away camp. I did not think that she would get to go but Grandparents stepped up with the money this year. I was pretty sad because I think that the summer camp experience is so healthy for kids. I am excited for her.

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 1:49 PM on May. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 7 yr old wants to go to a summer camp, but I don't know of any around here. I would let him go if there was though... he would have a blast.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My 12 year old is going to camp with the boy scouts.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:57 PM on May. 13, 2011

• my niece who is living with us is going to the ymca summer camp! she is going to have so much fun! but its so much money!!! $140 a week!!! way to much! but the state is helping pay for it since she is in foster care with us!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:00 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No we dont do summer camps. Our summers are spent together as a family. I have 3 older kids and its so hard to get them together with the smaller ones, we cherish every second and moment we can spend together. Time flies so fast.

Answer by gemgem at 2:04 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My 9 and 11 yo's are going to a week of overnight camp. It's the same camp I went to growing up and they have a blast! It's a little on the expensive side, but I wouldn't trade that experience for any amount of money in the world.

Answer by missanc at 3:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• NO I THINK MINE ARE TO YOUNG 6 & 7
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 4:49 PM on May. 13, 2011