Ride to nowhere

My bestfriend had a full ride to college an gave it all up for a boy. This boy has nothing good going for himself(except working @ a gas station) and I believe he is taking my friend with him...My friend works at a fast food resturarant and they have an almost 3 year old together. They donot have their own place and depend on others to do things for them. Her boyfriend suggested that they quit thier jobs pack up and move ot of state so he can go to school to be a mechanic.. They are moving to a state where they dont know anyone,have a place to live and they plan on taking their son too. They have not been doing any planning towards making this trip safe or anything for their son. I donot think its wise for them to move out of state an dont even know where they are going to work or live.. I'm completely worried because i have been friends with this girl since preschool(im almost23 now) Any suggestions as to what I shoul say to her because she wants my honest opinion???PLEASE HELP THIS IS SERIOUS!!!ALSO I'M ASKING FOR PRAYERS FOR ALL THREE OF THEM

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 1:50 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Whew, well I did that at 18 years old, except moved in with the boyfriend's parents, homeless would've been better lol. Normally I would say if she had her mind made up there's nothing you can do. But at least she's asking for your honest opinion just give it to her, you two are close like sisters it sounds like hopefully she'll listen. Just tell her like it is, no sugar coating. GL girly
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• thanks
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 1:55 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think this is something that she will need to experience for herself. My suggestion, is that you just be a good friend. Listen to her if she wants to talk, be supportive when she needs your support. Even if you try to talk to her about this STUPID choice, she isnt going to listen, and it can only harm your friendship. People make mistakes. Far worse ones as well... I know I have! And in the end, I have turned out perfectly fine :) I think it is important that you just be her friend. Tell her, that you think she could be making a better choice, and that you hope she has their son in mind and how he is going to respond to such a huge change. But, you support her in whatever decision she chooses to make, and that you will always be there for her. I think its the best you can do. Good luck to you, and your friends.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• thanks guys=)
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 2:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think she will need to figure this out on her own but please make sure you tell her if she ever needs anything that she can call you - I am sure you will feel better too knowing that you are there for her. She is not a young girl anymore and is an adult and can make decisions for herself even if its not the one you agree with. GL and you sound like a very loving friend she is very lucky to have.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 7:07 PM on May. 13, 2011