Would you vote for a law to be passed to convict cheating spouses?

I would but the charges would have to be a fine or a little time spent in jail and used as viable evidence in a divorce. I believe its a crime of the heart. And why?

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 1:53 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'ts a civil matter, not a criminal one, and many states do have 'alienation of affection' on their books.

Besides, prisons are already overcrowded with lowlifes. Cheaters still need to be able to work and support their kids.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No, it would be something that I don't feel the government should have it's hand in.

Answer by Bmat at 1:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No! thank goodness we don't live in Afghanistan! If they make that a law what's next? Stoning a Woman that wants a divorce??

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:56 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No, government should not have their hands in this issue.
    Anonymous

• lol! as much as I would like to no! there are more dangerous criminals than cheaters to worry about!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I would love to say yes to this question but 1) I honestly don't think it would change anything except make the cheater sneakier and 2) there are better things for our government to worry about...they are already too much in our houses and families to begin with
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:04 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No! I find that to be totally ridiculous.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• LOL, no ..........the government already has to much of a say in what people do with there life, so someone cheated, get a divorce, move out, leave him/her....or forgive and work it out. But criminal charges, that's absurd.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'm going to say no.. I don't think cheating is a "crime".. I wouldn't want a guy to be faithful to me just because he doesn't want to go to jail.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:19 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No. It's not a crime. Whats next? Prosecuting anyone that hurts your feelings?
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 2:28 PM on May. 13, 2011