Can Seasonal Allergies cause you to have a fever?

If not, why do they call it Hay Fever??
Are you suffering the worst in many years?? I am & so is my DS :(

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:53 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Health

• Yes,it can if you suffer with alot of inflammation, you can run a low grade fever; This year's been pretty bad for allergies. We all have allergies in this house and for my boys and I we get it so bad we all ended up with sinus infections. I am just getting over it myself. With my boys we have to go through a whole routine of bathing them and giving them saline in their noses before bed. They both coughs a lot during the night because of the seasonal allergies. Yes they can make you feel sick and flu like symptoms that is why if they get worse and you are taking something for them then you need to see a doctor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:01 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Yes,it can if you suffer with alot of inflammation,you can run a low grade fever

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:00 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My son and I are also. I never thought about why it is called hay fever- that is odd. I know it can make you feel really sick and encourage sinus and throat infections. I remember a few years back I was convinced that I had a sinus infection, I was miserable. I went to the doctor who said only allergies. I said can allergies really make me feel this sick? Apparently they can.

Answer by Bmat at 2:01 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Oh I see- the inflammation part of it. Thanks Butterflyblue.

Answer by Bmat at 2:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• We all have allergies in this house and for my husband and I it got so bad we both got sinus infections. I am just getting over it myself. My son we have to go through a whole routine of bathing him and giving him saline in his nose before bed. He coughs a lot during the night because of the seasonal allergies.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• This year's been pretty bad for allergies. My kids and I have had to deal with it too. We haven't gotten a fever though but I do believe it's possible.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 10:21 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It can also cause headaches too.
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 8:15 AM on May. 14, 2011