How do I get my 10 month old to eat baby food?

My little guy is a stubborn eater. He readily takes bottles but hardly eats baby food. I can get him to eat 2 oz at a time if I'm lucky. Most of the time he will take a few bites and refuses any more. He doesn't act hungry. I've tried to wait him out and not give him a bottle but he still refuses. any ideas. is he being harmed by not eatin enough?

shortstuff335

Asked by shortstuff335 at 1:54 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried giving him little bits of what you're eating? Maybe he would just prefer normal food. That was definitely the case with my 2nd LO.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 1:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Are you trying lots of different kinds of baby food..... my son didnt like certain kinds, but I found lots that he did like.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 1:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• have u tried givin him the stage 3 baby foods? they have hunks of food in them so its more like real food to the babies. My 11mnth old loves them. if he still doesnt want it try adding karo syrup or honey to sweeten it up some until he gets the hang of eating the food.....i dont think its hurting him as long as he is keeping up his weight gain but if he starts losing weight you may want to talk to his doctor.
    wootens91

Answer by wootens91 at 2:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It's fine if he doesn't eat it. He doesn't need it. Try offering him some of your food.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:14 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Try small bites of what you're eating. As long as he's not drinking too much, it's fine.

Answer by missanc at 3:39 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Just feed it to him and he should start liking it after the 2nd or 3rd day or a few bites,mine didnt like it at first I had to force her to eat baby food but then she started liking it after a few bites
    SparkleAndCandy

Answer by SparkleAndCandy at 10:38 PM on May. 14, 2011