Spiders! yuck!!!

I've killed about 5 spiders in the past two weeks at our house...we moved from ar to wa back in dec, and we never had this problem with so many spiders in such a little amount of time..in ar I killed maybe 10 a year, and here it's like they overun our house. All of them have been inside..on in the nursery, one on our banister, one (a big scary looking one) in our garage, and then today when I was making the bed one comes running out from under the covers!!! Dd and I had just woken up and got out of that bed an hour before. What the heck?!! What can I do to prevent more spiders? I feel like I have creepy crawlys all over me and I don't want to even sit on my bed anymore.

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 2:12 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• How awful! I know we hear how beneficial they are, but I still don't want them in my house. I ended up having to employ an exterminator company to come in a few times a year.

Answer by Bmat at 2:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'm just at a loss...no matter how beneficial they are, I don't want them in my house..I'm going to try bombing the house this weekend, but I'm not sure.
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 2:21 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Bombing the house with poison seems overkill (no pun intended) for a spider problem. Unless they are poisonous spiders, I wouldn't do anything, but then again, I don't mind spiders.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yuk
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:32 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I hate spiders
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 4:40 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I'd bomb the house. I really hate spiders!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:49 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Your house may not be sealed as well as your other one. Those things that plug in keep spiders away. Google how to keep spiders away and you should find other things you can do to your house to help keep them out.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 7:35 PM on May. 14, 2011

• id call someone to come and spray
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 10:09 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I would make sure to do 'rounds' around the outside of the house, regularly, to kill any spiders you see camping on the walls, etc. outside, in addition to whatever you decide to do inside.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I'd bomb the heck out of them, I'm terrified of spiders. If that didn't work, I'd call an exterminator. Even if they are not deadly, spider bites can cause cellulitis, and a heart attack in me if on got on me, lol.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:18 AM on May. 15, 2011