I want to quit my job so bad.. venting

i know i can't because we need the income, but i am miserable at my job . Mainley because of my coworker. She is always saying that she is going to call in sick or leave early from work because she had things she needs to do. She sometomes does, but she keeps hinting around at it all the time. Her busband calls 5-6 times a day if not more. She doen't do her work, cause she is online all day, so i end up inputting most of her work. Our boss doesn't see it because she doesn't want to loose her because she has such a large turnover up here. But i am really getting irritated. And she went down this mornign to get postage and didn't take the rest of the mail that at the time i didn't know was up there and i just got in trouble for it because it didn't go out today. It is all my fault. I go down everyday and get postage and i take it if i see it. Thanks for letting me vent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wish you the best and pray that you can find the right answer you being in a job with someone who doesn't take thier job seriously.
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 2:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• From now on check the mail each time, since you know she isn't reliable. Every job has people we don't like, so we just have to learn to breathe and let it go. Meanwhile have your resume updated and keep your eyes open for other jobs. But another job may still have people you don't like- voice of experience here, I'm sorry to say. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 2:33 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I feel for YOU!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• hang in there...if you are interested in something else...message me
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:36 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Look elsewhere while you are there. indeed.com has helped us. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I totally understand where you're coming from. It really sucks when you have unreliable coworkers.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:13 AM on May. 14, 2011

• There are lots of tips and resources here:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 AM on May. 14, 2011

• next time explain to your supervisor that your coworker was the one to take the mail that day there for it was her mistake not yours......i learned a long time ago you dont get anywhere by being a doormat no matter who is doing the walking....and as for your coworker tell her that you would prefer she kept her comments about not wanting to be at work to herself your there to do your job period......might sound harsh but sometimes with some people you have to go directly to the point or the never stop...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:20 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It is aways horrible to have to stay with a job that you hate just to get an income. I would like to offer you a home based business that can help you be able to quit your job and not have to deal with the stress of your coworkers if you would like you can message me and I'll get you the info.
    MaryCEOmom

Answer by MaryCEOmom at 10:01 AM on May. 15, 2011

• DON'T QUIT YOUR JOB THAT WILL MAKE IT EXTRA HARD ON YOUR HUSBAND,YOU STEP ASIDE AND LET GO AND LET GOD HANDLE THIS MESS FOR YOU.PRAY BEFORE WORK,YOU PRAY WHILE AT WORK,YOU PRAY WHILE AT HOME,PRAY ON YOUR WAY TO WORK FOR GOD TO COME IN SET THINGS RIGHT AT YOUR WORKPLACE.NO MATTER WHAT THE THROWS YOUR WAY YOU SHAKE HIM OFF AND STEP ON HIS HEAD.DON'T PUT HIM BEHIND YOU BECAUSE THEN HE CAN PUSH AT YOU FROM THE BACK.YOU SATAN YOUR DOORMAT AND GOD WILL DO THE REST
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 11:11 AM on May. 15, 2011