Do I have 2 b cleared by a doctor b4 I can go back 2 work after a c~section?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 2:18 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Health

• yes to make sure everythin is fine
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 2:21 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You definitely want to atleast get checked out before going back. you want to make sure you have completely healed before doing anything strenuous to your body. Take my advise because I started doing too much too soon and my insition began to heal from the outside in istead of from the inside out. I had to go, in get reopened, had to be put on bedrest because they couldnt put stitches or staples. I literally had an open wound that i had to pack with gaus and clean myself everyday until it finally closed up. Not trying to scare you but it is very important to make sure you are completely healed before working!!
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 2:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yes!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:29 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You don't need a note from the doctor saying you are OK, you never do. But it is a good idea to wait until you are cleared.
    Anonymous

• At least wait until your 6 week postpartum check up? Then talk to your doctor about wanting to go back to work, see if you're healed enough, etc.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 2:47 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I did. i had a 6 week check up and had them fill out a work release form for me. It was required by my company.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Some companies require it, others don't. But you should really make sure you're healthy enough for it before you go back.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 5:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yes. unless you'd like to rip the incision open again on accident.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:29 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yes you have to be cleared and that there are no problems
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:55 AM on May. 14, 2011