Do you truly feel

that people who don't believe the same as you are simply fooling themselves and really believe, deep down that your idea of a god is real?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:28 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, idk what they believe all I can do is believe the way I want and if I'm right, good if not, then oh well.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:31 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Nope...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:31 PM on May. 13, 2011

• no, that would be delusional. i am aware and accepting of the fact there are many different belief systems.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No
    MmeCS

Answer by MmeCS at 2:38 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you don't believe in the Truth, then you exchange the truth for a lie. My faith (divinely bestowed on me by the author of Truth) tells me what is true and what is false. I believe that those who believe in the lie are fooling themselves, but I don't believe that deep down they know God is real (at least not a conscious level - an argument can be made that sub-consciously they know and are trying to suppress that knowledge).
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:45 PM on May. 13, 2011

• What is the truth Eilish? It is according to your religion and faith for what is true for you but it is not true for others so it would me it is not necessarily truth in that it is real or not
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think that people of other denominations than mine can go to Heaven, the ultimate goal for Christians. I also believe that they will have to turn to the one true God.
    dkvhensley

Answer by dkvhensley at 3:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I suspect some very scary answers to this.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No I believe everyone has their right to believe whatever they want just like me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:34 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Me personally.

Nope. Main reason being as a person who was raised Hindu, I believe all are one. Meaning, everyone/anyone who believes in The One Universal Creator, regardless of what name they choose to use (God, Jehovah, Brahma..etc) all believe in The One Creator. Regardless of what names one chooses to use, what holy text the read/believe, what rituals of worship they perform..etc All believe in/worship The One Universal Creator. All paths are paths to the Divine/The One Universal Creator. Since this is my personal belief, I believe that all believe in the same Creator, there is no "My God" "Your God" type thinking or belief for me. Just "God" (using the term/name that is most generally used).

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:40 PM on May. 13, 2011