With a little one, how do you explain a pet has been ran over?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 3:04 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pets

• Just tell them what happened in a calm but understanding way.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 3:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• There is only one way to do this, the truth. It will make him realize how dangerous running in the streets can be....

Answer by older at 3:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• how little? If too young, just let him know that it is now in heaven, otherwise the truth. But just answer their questions and not add more to it. Sorry for your loss .......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 3:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• depends on the age of the child, my 2 year old wouldn't understand so I would tell him that the animal went bye bye, with my 5 year old I would tell her what happened, she would be sad but understand. When one of our two cats starting pooping and peeing in the house not in the litter box we left it up to her if we got rid of both cats or just one and it wa her cat tht was doing it. She simply said that is qas not fare to daddy because his cat is being good.
    millerx5

Answer by millerx5 at 3:33 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'd say the pet went to Florida to visit their relatives & buy them a new pet. Why do we have to explain everything to little kids?? Let them have as much happiness & bliss as they can, while they can. They grow up so fast that the magic will be over soon enough. Why burden them now? Kids don't need to know the details of everything under the sun. That's my opinion.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:56 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Tell him the truth and then explain this is why they need to be kept pinned up away from traffic.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 4:02 PM on May. 16, 2011