How can I get my momma cat ...

to stop what seems like meowing/looking for her babies that have went to new homes? She keeps looking out the windows and does it almost all day since 2 out of the 5 left.

millerx5

Asked by millerx5 at 3:05 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pets

• How sad!! I you can let her keep one, this happened to my cat and out of the 5 in the littler, I let her keep one and they are inseparable!!!! and they are full adults....

Answer by older at 3:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• OH that's SO sad :( and hurts my heart... I think it will just take time
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• lmbo!! @maxsmom11807 yes she should be fixed but for other reasons, every momma animal goes through this when they are separated from their babies. She will be fine once it's all said and done and she will forget about them.

OP just give her time in a week or two she will be back to her normal self.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Give her lots of love and time.......
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:13 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Then get her fixed, Clearly she can't take this again :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:16 PM on May. 13, 2011

• really?? so sad.. that would break my heart.. I have never had a cat have babies, probably because I would end up not being able to part with any of them lol!~ well if its normal, then hopefully time will make her stop crying.. maybe just give her some extra loves right now..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It will just take time unfortunately.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 3:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• we are keeping one of them and I still need to find homes for the other 2 they are 9/10 weeks old. She is just a year old herself.
    millerx5

Comment by millerx5 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'm getting her fixed have an appointment in 2 weeks
    millerx5

Comment by millerx5 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• thanks, she was awesome during the birth, my mom and I were with her the whole time and she even wanted us rubbing her just like a laboring mother would like to be rubbed. I love how she played with the babies that we still have it's so fun to watch. We wanted to get her fixed that's when we found out she was pregnant it's from one day of getting out of our house. Then 2 days later my parents brought her back to their house while I moved out of the other house. It was a great thing to experience but I don't want to add to the animals that need help.
    millerx5

Comment by millerx5 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on May. 13, 2011