Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get Therapeutic Support Staff in preschool?

My son has mild/moderate behavioral issues that only seem to happen at preschool:
-occasional (once a week) smacking or hitting other children
-back-talking (i.e. "I hate you!" "I want to kill you!") on a regular basis- he DOES NOT say he wants to kill us at home, and we have cut out anything mildly violent from his environment.
-not listening to teachers
-not participating, or refusing to participate in group activities

The director at the preschool has suggested a therapeutic support staff person (TSS) for him. She is not aware of how to obtain such assistance and neither am I. I guess my question is- Does anyone have experience obtaining a TSS? Does it even sound necessary?

Answer Question

Asked by Annabel1809Lee at 3:20 PM on May. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 17 (3,872 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • My oldest had one but he was diagnosed with autism and it was provided through early intervention in our area. With no diagnosis, I'm not sure how you would go about it.

    Answer by missanc at 3:36 PM on May. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.