How to get Therapeutic Support Staff in preschool?

My son has mild/moderate behavioral issues that only seem to happen at preschool:
-occasional (once a week) smacking or hitting other children
-back-talking (i.e. "I hate you!" "I want to kill you!") on a regular basis- he DOES NOT say he wants to kill us at home, and we have cut out anything mildly violent from his environment.
-not listening to teachers
-not participating, or refusing to participate in group activities

The director at the preschool has suggested a therapeutic support staff person (TSS) for him. She is not aware of how to obtain such assistance and neither am I. I guess my question is- Does anyone have experience obtaining a TSS? Does it even sound necessary?

Annabel1809Lee

Asked by Annabel1809Lee at 3:20 PM on May. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest had one but he was diagnosed with autism and it was provided through early intervention in our area. With no diagnosis, I'm not sure how you would go about it.

Answer by missanc at 3:36 PM on May. 13, 2011