Whole grain ?

What is the differenve of whole grain white bread and the whole grain wheat?

I was reading again one of the eat this not that. it shows to eat whole grain white and not the normal white bread. I understand that. but i don't understand the difference between the white and wheat whole grain.

Maybe if I was to go to the store and compatre that way I would but I can't get into town (45mintues away) til maybe sunday. So I'm on here asking. Thanks for dealing with my random questions.

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 3:22 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• evidently it's in the type of grain used...........here is an interesting link

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/whole-wheat-bread/AN01512

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• whole grain is healthier..thats all i know..
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 3:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• the best kind of bread is the kind that you can see the seeds and grains. It takes some time to get used to the flavor but doing so opens up your world to more healthy flavors. Whole grain pasta, brown rice, whole wheat bread all have a great nutty flavor that once you're used to it tastes WAY better than white bread. (even if Whole grain white still has some nutritional benefit to it, it is not as good as good old whole wheat)
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:52 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Mom_2_cuties.
    I'm aleready on whole grain breads, rice wokring my way to pasta SO having a fit over that one. I was just wondering cause I get the whole grain white for my boys. My YDS will also eat my wheat bread but not so much my oldest. Sometimes, I make him and others I give in and give him the whole grain white.
    red_head_mommy2

Comment by red_head_mommy2 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on May. 13, 2011