How many boxes of diapers should we stock up on of each size?

Buying diapers before the baby arrives and curious as how many large boxes to buy of each size. People told us only 1 or 2 boxes of newborns and more of size 1 and 2. I know every baby is different but an estimate helps.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 3:24 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Im doing the exact same thing and did it with my last one too. I asked the exact same question with my last one and everyone said "its not a good idea" but i will tell you what.... IT ROCKS! You can get them when they're on sale and you have a coupon because there is no rush.
    With my last pregnancy, i only bought 2 packs of nb and it wasn't enough. i had to buy 2 more after she was born. I had 1 big box (200+) of size 1 plus about 3 more jumbo packs. I think i had about 3 packs of 2s and 3 packs of 3s. She stayed in 3s for a while but 4s for the longest.

Con't....

Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:34 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you register as a mother on amazon.com and "subscribe" to receive diapers you get a 30% discount. I just got a box of newborn pampers swaddles (80+ ct) for $13.30 total with free shipping! Amazing price! The subscription option just means that you want them to send more every month, 2 months, 3 months, ect.. the great part is that you can cancel it right after you receive the diapers without risk. This is cheaper than Sams Club!

Mel_in_PHX

• They grow out of new borns really fast, size one I would not buy more than 4, size two maybe 3, and size three they will be in for a while so maybe 5. Remember as they get older they usually don't get changed as much, because they do not go as much... So for the smaller sizes you might use more for a shorter period of time and the bigger sizes you might you less but for a longer period of time. i hope this helps!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 4:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• my dd was small forever; we never even made it into size 4 diapers.... we had to buy the pullups with the velcro sids just to make them small enough to fit her while potty trianing. lol so it's all about the kid.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 6:29 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Mel - People tell me the same thing! Its soooo annoying.

Thank all of you! It helps sooo much!
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Do yourself, your pocketbook, and your baby, a favor and buy cloth! I spend $200 on diapers for my daughter and never had to spend another penny...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:34 PM on May. 13, 2011