Smelly pee?

Smelly pee?
My two month old has had some smelly pee diapers today and not sure what could be causing this. She is on a antibotic for ear infection so dont think it could be a uti.. and I bf.

karamomof5

Asked by karamomof5 at 3:31 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sure, but our pediatrician asks that every doctor visit, DD is 4 mo. I'd call the doctor.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:38 PM on May. 13, 2011

• call her doctor
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• it could be the antibiotic coming through her urine, I know with my son after his first does of amoxicillin I can smell it in his urine.
    millerx5

Answer by millerx5 at 3:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Well usually you can tell if its the medicine but if you cant tell then I would take her to have her urnine checked even though you dont think its a uti. Take it from a mom who had a 3 month old with one....... she was hospitalized 2 days for it because any baby with a uti under the age of 3 months is autimatically hospitalized is what doctors told us boys included because the infection can spread to the blood stream. It wasnt fun having her hooked up to iv's that long and then on top of everything my litttle girl ripped her iv out so they had to put it in her foot cause the other hand they blew the blood vessel, yeahhhhh it was a nightmare :( but glad we went cause if it wasnt for her fever spiking then I would have never known. She has had 3 more after that and we found out it was because she has what I call kidney reflux, that where the some of the urine shoots back into her kidneys which caused the infections. The only
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• cont... way I can explain to you how my daughters urine smells when she has a uti is almost like she has a dirty diaper but its really just the urine and very strong smelling. Gl and hope she doesnt have one but when there this small its better to be safe then sorry.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• is it a really strong ammonia smell or...fishy type smell!?... I'd call her dr and talk to them about it
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 3:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• its the antibiotics, u shouldn't worry, I had the same problem with my baby.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 5:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It could possibly be the antibiotics, but if she's been sick, there might be a posibility that she may be a little dehydrated....I know when I get dehydrated my pee has always had a lot stronger of a smell....you probably should call the doc and see what they say though...I'm no medical expert
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 3:06 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I WOULD ASK THE DOCTOR, IF I HADNT OF JUST ASK MY DOCTOR TO CHECK TO SEE OF ZEENA HAD DIABETTES I WOULD SAY GET THAT CHECKED OUT B/C THAT A SIGN OF IT. MY DOCTOR SAID THEY DONT CHECK FOR IT UNTIL MUCH OLDER.
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 12:36 PM on May. 16, 2011