Should I take my nephew or not?

I need advice from other moms. I am 21 years old with a 5 yr old, 2 yr old, and 8 month old. My 5 year old nephew who has medical problems was taken into dhs custody a year ago. They are terminating his mothers rights next month and his father is not in the right mind to take him. I am thinking about taking him in. Should I or what? Need more information please message me.

I am financial able to do it, but alot of people says I need to consider him have medical problems because my 5 year old has medical problems as well. I believe children with medical problems needs a stable and loving home as well as well children.

daddysgirl17

Asked by daddysgirl17 at 3:31 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Adoption

• I think that if you feel you are financially stable and mentally stable enough to handle one more do it!
    brookmaplesden

Answer by brookmaplesden at 3:32 PM on May. 13, 2011

• if you feel like you can take on another child. go for it
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 3:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you have the financial stability to take him on, I say go for it! It would be whats best for him.
    LeahsMommy361

Answer by LeahsMommy361 at 3:36 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Being with family would be a plus for your nephew. Only you can answer if you have the financially stability, stamina and mental fortitude to take him into your family. If you do decide to go for it, I'm sure that there will be lots of questions asked of you and opening yourself up to all that is something you should be ready for.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i agree with the other mama's
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Has social services approached you about taking him? If he has been in the same foster home for a year they may want to adopt him and you being 21 a case worker will not pick you over a stable home whether your family or not. Good luck, though. If you want to adopt him call his case worker ASAP.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:50 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think you should for sure try and take in your nephew but be prepared to answer some questions about how you will meet the needs of all the kids, as well as how the special needs will be addressed. Good Luck:)

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 3:52 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't hesitate for a moment!! Good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:53 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you think you can handle it, it would be good for him to be in a loving environment with relatives rather than with strangers.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you are financially and physically able to take him, I think you should. Just take into consideration that you will have to deal with seeing his mother (assuming which is your sister/brother) or his father. That alone will cause some tension, but it shouldn't prevent you from taking the child. Just know there may be some turbulence. Good luck!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:56 PM on May. 13, 2011