Cleaning 9 months old baby'ss teeth

My baby have had the four front teeth for some time and now he is getting two more, and I feel unsecure about how should I take care or them, I need ideas.

ladybatista

Asked by ladybatista at 10:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there is baby gum and teeth cleaning stuff you can get from the store and a warm wash rag works well to
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have those thing I just dont know how to do it, won't he suck on the toothbrush or on the cloth?
    ladybatista

Answer by ladybatista at 10:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have a brush for my baby that fits of my finger. Then you stick your finger in baby's mouth and scrub. It's available at any pharmacy or grocery store. A wet rag works well enough too, but don't put baby to sleep with a bottle.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Just cram it in his mouth and act like you are cleaning your own teeth.... I assume you've never tried brushing a dog's teeth. It's far easier than that. I got the Baby Orajel toothpaste and my son LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES to brush his teeth now. It will take a while before they grab it themselves, but in the meantime you just brush for them.
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 10:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was watching "The Doctors" yesterday and Dr. Sears showed his way. He uses gaze wrapped around his finger and some baby gum cleaner. Just stick your gaze wrapped finger in junior's mouth and rub back & forth.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My son is 3 mos old and teething and I've already started cleaning his gums. I got the baby kit with the finger brush and the little tube of toothpaste. I put it on my finger with a tiny, tiny bit of the paste. Then I brush all over his gums like I would my own teeth. Sometimes he tries to suck on it, but I just keep going and he seems to like the taste. Eventually he'll get the hang of it and let you do it. It's part of his bed time routine.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yeah, I have been cleaning my dd gums with a warm washcloth since birth. She likes it now, she opens up when she sees it and smiles when I'm rubbing her gums. I need to get the toothpaste and start using that too.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2008