Probably going to court soon

DH informed me this morning that he really wants to get to know his son that his BM won't let him see and well I told him to get ready to go to court because with the way she has been EVERYTIME she has been pissed off that I was there yelled at the judge got ugly w/everyone there and had me removed from the court room because at the time we weren't married we were only engaged. But now that we are married she can't have me thrown out correct? Last time we had court she was late and brought her sister along because she didn't want her son sitting with me. She was trying to convince the judge to only let DH have supervised visits because he had went to prison when he was 18 but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Of course the judge laughed at her and told her no cuz obviously she was comfortable enough to let him get her pregnant. She will have to comply w/the court order or else she will go back to jail last time she went she went for aggravated assault w/a deadly weapon.

Here is the question
Should DH bring up the AA/DW charge when he goes to court for visitation?

nightngale83

Asked by nightngale83 at 3:44 PM on May. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Absolutely be there in the waiting room to show your support, the fact you two are married alone will be impressive to the judge. Threatniing to kill you, jesus! I know the feeling, DH's X said she was in the mob and had people watching us lol please lady, just take us out already then. Since your title is "going to court soon" I take it there is no custody order in place at all right now? Just so you kow there is no law or rule that states the mother automatically gets custody, so be proud and fight for that baby no matter what. Gl to you guys, and yes absolutely mention that she told MIL she was going to kill you, but again that's hearsay and she'll deny it anyway.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• was she convicted? If not, a judge will not do anything. Charges could be false for all anyone knows. I'm going above and beyond your question here. and we've been dealing with your situation for 7 yrs w/DH's son until we recently got full custody. I know you want to be there to support your DH, and rightfully so. But quite honestly you are not entitled to be in that courtroom, and please take my advice do not do it just b/c it pisses her off, the more you piss her off the harder she will make it on all of you, which in turn is harder for the children involved. By all means go to court and fight for your step child, just be prepared to argue, fight (yes with DH), credit card debt beyond belief, cry, false allegations from the EX, you name it she'll do it. My DH's EX, even though they dated for 8 years went as far as trying to say he rapped her and that's how she got preggo....just be prepared it is one emotional cont..
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• roller coaster after another, but in the end every fight, every tear, every second, every dollar was worth getting my step-son out of the situation he was in. And by the way, it's near impossible to PROVE a mother is unfit. GL to you though
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:53 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I would never go to court to piss her off we talked to an attorney and she told us to never let DH go alone and because we are married it shows unity to her and mainly the judge. We have heard and seen just about all of it. She has no problem collecting part of his paycheck to spend on whatever but she has a huge problem with letting DH spend time w/his son and she was so proud to post the DNA tests results on her Myspace back when Myspace was huge. She talked about killing all of us to my MIL.
    nightngale83

Comment by nightngale83 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• There is an order but she never let DH get his visitaion regardless of him trying. We were supposed to get SS for Christmas the same yr the court order was made and DH asked him if he could have him of course she said no but also sent an ugly txt stating he is not a member of the circus we call a family. The one time we got to see him and take him somewhere she refused to let DH pick him up and DH had to get the police involved.
    nightngale83

Comment by nightngale83 (original poster) at 4:16 PM on May. 13, 2011

• She tried using me as her scapegoat to not let DH have a relationship because she thinks I will abuse him cuz she was abused by her stepmom but everyone in her family thinks she needs to get over it.
    nightngale83

Comment by nightngale83 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• He needs to see a lawyer and get professional legal counsel.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I would not go to court. That is between him and her, and IMO, you do not belong there. Yes, she could have you thrown out of court because you are not involved in what is being decided.
    Anonymous