tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 3:51 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• not really
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 3:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Not at all. You don't really think they could get the estimate right the first, second , or the third time........... You get my drift.
    Looks like you could be younger than you thought when they disappear. I say people better get on the "do whatever it takes to fix it" boat. Obviously tweaking won't work
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich had a plan set to announce for the privatization of SS and medicare then Monica got in the news and the battle lines were drawn. No it does not surprise me at all.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Not really.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:44 PM on May. 13, 2011

• The funds won't go totally bankrupt by the years the trustees projected they would be exhausted, but the programs will no longer be able to pay full benefits. Social Security would pay out roughly 75 percent of benefits through 2085, Medicare 90 percent in 2024. The trustees think the health care overhaul signed by President Obama has given Medicare a longer life ---Here's the LINK:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/05/medicare-and-social-security-will-run-out-sooner-than-thought.html

SO, the ABC Link is less dramatic and less pessimistc......and the Fox News Blog was all gloom and doom, as are most of you.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:53 PM on May. 13, 2011

• SO, the ABC Link is less dramatic and less pessimistc......and the Fox News Blog was all gloom and doom, as are most of you.

***

Why do you care about the rest of us...you've got yours!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I heard a blurb on the radio so I didn't read the FOX article before. I just read both (abc first) here and I got the message loud and clear. It's not going to be there is pretty bad whether or not you embellish it with more facts. Thing is, I'm sure most people are just as upset that they are saying you are not going to get what you thought you were going to get as they would be if they said it's going to disappear. I see little difference in the Republicans plan where people might have to shoulder a bit more of the cost and not getting the benefits you thought you would get making you have to pay more of the costs yourself. ????
    I'd like to know just how you can say the health care law has strengthened the medicare system when they just announced that last years numbers are no longer good LOL. Seems to me the abc article is a liberal piece trying to make a bad situation sound less bad. Unsuccessfully at that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:03 PM on May. 13, 2011

• not at all...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Maybe we should cut the payments made to today's recipients by 50% to make sure WE get ours...that would wad some pants.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:44 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No, it has been predicted for many years and we should all prepare for the worst.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:59 PM on May. 16, 2011