Do you think Propping a Bottle For A Newborn is Bad??

I Prop My Newborn Bottle When i Need to Multi Task; Like My Toddler Screaming for me im Cleaning House i just wanted to know what any one else thought about this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A newborn I wouldn't do that, they could choke because they are able to turn their heads properly yet.

Anonymous

• Yes, I think it is bad enough when moms don't breastfeed and don't get that closeness but you prop her bottle up. HORRIBLE IMO. Wheres the parenting?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yeah, I really wouldn't do that with a newborn either. I realize you have your hands full, but not at that age.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• let the house work wait until after baby is fed. Rather a dirty house then something happening to baby.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It's pretty bad. Moms who BF can hold their babies for every feeding so I don't see multi tasking as an excuse.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have done it on occasion with my daughter too since she was about a month old. I dont really like to but when I babysit for a 3 year old plus have my own toddler I sometimes dont have the chance to sit down and hold the bottle for the baby. She is five months old now and she will only take the bottle that way. I dont really see a problem with it as long as you keep checking on the baby.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't recommend it for a newborn. They could choke :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No, I dont think you should. I have 3 kids, all 2 years apart (4,2, and 6mo) and can always find a way. Unless you want to deal with ear infections and other health problems I wouldnt recommend it. I know multi tasking is hard enough but you just have to find a schedule and find a way to multitask!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• feeding the baby is such a great way to bond with them, BF or not. The baby will only be little for a short time. I would take time to feed and bond with the baby especially since it only takes 30 minutes tops to feed. Plus, like the other moms said, it causes health problems and could cause choking.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 10:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't think it's a good idea at all. It's not safe, the baby could choke. And usually to prop the baby is lying flatter than they should to take a bottle which can lead to ear infections. Also feeding should be a time to bond.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008