On average, how much time do you spend in the sun during the summer?

Are you outside most all day, or do you tend to stay inside?

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 4:03 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Health

• We're in west Texas, so if it's not too windy, it's great to be outside. Plus we live on a farm, so it seems sinfull to sit inside all the time with all this land around us. But, it's been so windy we're forced inside as to avoid dirt-exfoliation lol
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 5:39 PM on May. 13, 2011

• On the weekends when I am not working, we try to be outside as much as possible but not like tanning or anything, we stay shaded as much as possible!! its minnesota and its SO muggy so last year we ended up inside more than outside
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'm outside ALOT! If we're not at the pool, we're playing some kind of sport outside, or riding bikes. DS and I only come in if we have to.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• We are outside a lot, but in the shade. I am lame and burn in 10 minutes. Even with baby spf 2000 on.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:10 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I am outside ALOT. We probably spend around 5 hours on average outside every day in the summer.

Answer by gemgem at 4:13 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I am outside a lot as well. I love working in my flower gardens and tending to my vegetable gardens as well. There is so much in nature to bring joy and beauty to a life. I even love my wild flowers (weeds). Some of them have the most delicate and beautiful patterns and flowers. Setting up bird feeders is also a great way to view nature in your own backyard.
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on May. 13, 2011

• As little as possible. I dislike the heat and try to avoid it as much as possible.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• As little as possible. I'm an indoors gal during the summer. 1) I dislike the heat...2) I have no need or desire to be any darker than I already am (lol)...3).. skin cancer runs rampant in my family, many have had to have patches removed from their face/backs/arms (men and women)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• im outside alot unless its humid then i hid inside my hair does not agree with it lol but my family loves being outside.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 4:36 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I stay inside if I can. Or at least in the shade. I'm so pale and I don't tan. I just turn lobster red with sunburn!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:29 PM on May. 13, 2011