Just diagnosed with a thick endometrium . . . adult content

Last Saturday I started noticing very light vaginal bleeding. When it didn't go away by Monday, I saw my doc and she ordered a pelvic/vaginal ultrasound. I got the results today and was told that I had a thick endometrial lining, that my right ovary wasn't visible on the ultrasound (and I have not had it removed) and that I needed to see a GYN for an endometrial biopsy. I had one of those when I was trying to get pregnant and it was fun. (note sarcasm here) I have the appointment with the GYN for Tuesday.

I've done a little Internet research and some of the sites I've found mention the possibility of endometrial cancer, which of course scares me to death!

I'm 47 and went through menopause about 2-3 years ago, so I shouldn't be bleeding at all. I also take Prem-Pro for hormone replacement.

Anyone have any experience with this type of condition?

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 4:13 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Health

• monday i go to see a specialist about placenta accreta :/ Kinda in the same situation. I might have a hysterectomy at 21 when i give birth
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 4:16 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear that.
    tinamatt

Comment by tinamatt (original poster) at 4:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'm no help i'm actually in the same position right now! I survived colon cancer so dr telling me this has me ready to pull out the gloves again! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 4:22 PM on May. 13, 2011

• here is a website I use alot and get alot of useful information--

http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=endometrial&sourceType=undefined

hope this helps and good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:53 AM on May. 14, 2011