How does having this as your Facebbok status help find a cure for cancer?

"I have a personal reason for asking if everyone could put this as their status for 1 hour. I'm pretty sure I know the ones that will. Think of someone you know or love who has had cancer. My wish is that in 2011 a cure will be found. Will you post it for 1 hour to honor those who have fought or are fighting cancer? Hope to see it in your status!!!"

The only thing I can maybe see that it does is let people know that you know someone who has or had cancer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Health

• It's not for a cure, but to show support!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 4:16 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Support is good, but that still doesn't find a cure.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Will you post it for 1 hour to honor those who have fought or are fighting cancer?

maybe you should've read it a little more carefully. it says nothing about helping find a cure.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Shows support for the cause.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No it doesn't help find a cure but speaking from experience, without support many would die.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 4:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Sorry. Cancer just makes me angry. I've lost too many loved ones to it! And supporting and honoring on FB doesn't stop it from killing people.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:22 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No it doesn't. You are so right! However, this is something that we musn't forget about. We should never make it taboo and should continue to talk about it. That in turn does help raise money so that one day a cure may be found!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 4:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• How could I possibly forget??!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:32 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I have put it on my status several times along with the link to donate. If one person donated because of my post then I have done my job. I have lost many family members to cancer. Supporting as well as donations will help in finding the cure but nothing can take away the pain of losing a loved one. You just have to remember the good times with them. Keeps their memory alive. And after they have gone they have no more pain from cancer. Keep the fight going and remember not to let their loss be the driving force in your life but the happy memories instead.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 12:21 AM on May. 16, 2011