Anyone else have a c section

this is my first and it was an emergency one cause of her heart kept dropping after your csection how do you wash your stitches and when do they go away no one really explained this to me and are you supposed to rest alot i just had her two weeks ago

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 4:32 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yes you are supposed to rest and DO NOT lift anything ! your c section can open trust me that happend to me. I have had three! i washed them with a bottle they gave me in the hospital I would squirt it with warm water. Are your staples out?
    selaranda

Answer by selaranda at 4:36 PM on May. 13, 2011

• when you're in the shower you can use your washcloth to gently "pat" the area clean. the same applies when drying, gently pat it and pat it good to keep the area dry, but do not rub it dry. what kind of stitches did you get? chances are if they're still in 2 weeks post-delivery than they either dissolve or you got the little pieces of tape that fall off on their own. you should definitely call your ob if you aren't sure about your stitches. after my 2nd c-section i had to get mine removed a week later, but after the first i had the pieces of tape that fell off on their own weeks later.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• thanks so much yeah they took them out before i left the hospital
    devlynsmommy08

Comment by devlynsmommy08 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You can't really wash but you can clean it. Use a clean a wet towel and clean that area and make sure you let it air dry. Also, keep it dry. The stitches should disappear on their own. You are to take it easy and walk as often as you can it will help the healing process go by faster. I had three c-sections so I have been there.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:38 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Congrats on your new baby. I trust mommy and baby are fine now?
    Ditto tnm786...
    I did not recieve stitches. I got STAPLES!! lol
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I got staples but I think you just keep them dry and they will be fine. Congrats on the baby, don't lift anything heavier then baby and rest when you can.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:04 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Ive had two and only had staples with both of mine. Yes, you need to rest. Dont over do it! Lift no more than the weight of your baby.
    1Mady

Answer by 1Mady at 6:31 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You can call your doctors office and ask questions. I've had 2 c/s. They removed the staples with my first one. i didn't have staples with the second. the stitches disolved.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:56 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I did, same emergency section because when he broke my water her cord was coming out first and being compressed. Just wash it with regular soap and water. There should b 2 sets of stitches, one in and one out. (or staples) The inner ones will disolve. They usually take the outer ones out before 2 weeks. Are yours disolving? Seems strange they haven't taken them out
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:32 AM on May. 14, 2011