What to bring home from the hospital?

This is going to be my first baby and I don't know what to bring home from the hospital. I need all I can get cause I don't have anything for my baby except a carseat. I don't have money to buy anything and I'm trying to see who all can give me what I need for the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• clothing for the baby, depending on the temperature warm blankets. clothes for you.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• check out craigslist for free stuff hun. Take anything they will give you :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My cousin uses Catholic Charities for her baby stuff, not sure if your area has that...
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 4:50 PM on May. 13, 2011

• The hospital will have diapers, formula, feminine pads and wipes for you to take. you will need to bring clothes and blankets for yourself and the baby. I agree with checking out craigslist. you can also post something on there asking for help. Have you applied for WIC yet?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• The hospital will help you out a lot. Don't be afraid to ask them for more of something - they will give you bottles, pacifiers, formula, diapers, wipes, etc. You aren't supposed to take the baby blankets from the hospital, but I have two I stuck in my bag!
    Also - check out freecycle.com
    Anonymous

• Ask for stuff at your church, online communities, at the hospital...also if you aren't already on it, the hospital may help fill out paperwork for WIC, and they will help with a pump if you need it, and formula if not, even bottles sometimes.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 6:17 PM on May. 13, 2011

• the hospital may let you take some diapers home with ou and mini bottles. Is all I can think of at the moment. Do you live in colorado by chance?
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 7:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Whatever they give you
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Well you will be bleeding still so make sure you ask for some extra pads from the hospital. They have these huge ones that are better than wearing a normal pad because the regular ones fill up so fast. Also you can ask for extra formula and diapers. Just explain to the nurses your situation. They have a ton of items. Also you can go sign up on enfamil's web site and they send you free samples of stuff. I am sure similac does that too. You can go to your well fare office before you have the baby and ask if they have stuff they can donate you. My sister had to do that... Also if you go to a church ask around there to see if anyone has hand me downs they can give you. I just gave a ton of my baby stuff away to a young mom... People are willing to help, you just have to ask :) Also if you are not already on WIC make sure you sign up for that...
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 12:22 AM on May. 14, 2011

• They will usually send you home with a nasal aspirator, a thermometer, whatever diapers are left on your babys cart, a tube of lanolin, breast pads, and a few pads. You will be charged for whatever they send home with you.

If you need other stuff there are charities that will let you take classes to earn things like diapers, wipes, bottles, etc. And if they have a thrift shop they use some of them will let you buy stuff from their store that people have donated. I volunteered at a womens resource center that did that. You can also find very inexpensive items that are gently used on craigslist for very cheap.

Your OBGYN or hospital maternity ward would most likely have a resource list for you.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:55 AM on May. 14, 2011